British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Thursday 08/08/19. Premiership . Swindon. V Wolverhampton.

Come on then Wolves, today is the day we take an away win and push our credentials as play off worthy.

Bit ambitious? Hopefully it’s a first time they surprise me this season.

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Come on then Wolves, today is the day we take an away win and push our credentials as play off worthy.

Would you be happy with a point Steve or are you more ambitious than that.? I predicted Wolves to win the league so i have been surprised you have not quite clicked thus far.Douglas has made you stronger but he has not quite mastered his home track yet(very difficult) i am looking forward to tonight good luck hope the best side wins.

Is there plenty of parking at the stadium.

Thanks Steve

42 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

And then you woke up Steve :D

39 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Would you be happy with a point Steve or are you more ambitious than that.? I predicted Wolves to win the league so i have been surprised you have not quite clicked thus far.Douglas has made you stronger but he has not quite mastered his home track yet(very difficult) i am looking forward to tonight good luck hope the best side wins.

I don’t think a point is enough STR. Let’s face it both of our teams are in the chase for possibly the last qualifying place as I really can’t see Belle Vue missing out. With the Robins having 2 matches on us only a win would keep our extremely slim hopes alive. 3 points for the Robins will keep them favourites after tonight (although I think it’s fully expected however).

Whilst we had a good win Monday it was against one of the leagues worst away teams (ironically their 4 pointer at Monmore last time out has helped keep them top 4 for so long) it really remains to be seen if we have started to deliver on that pre season promise. Jacob and Nick are starting to show better form but realistically for us they must show intent tonight. A boy can dream tho!

10 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

And then you woke up Steve :D

In fairness I hadn’t started my reality check before I posted. :D

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

And Wanderers have just signed MessiB)

Looks like this will be rain affected.  I can see them wanting to get on with it!

Rain in about 30/40 mins. Where’s Frank Ebdon when you need him?

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Wolves bossing it at the moment along way back for the budgies.

Struggling at reserve again sadly.

This could be a big night for the Wolves if they can hang on for the win...

12 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

This could be a big night for the Wolves if they can hang on for the win...

Massive heat 13 & 15 if Swindon keep it tight first in the other heats.

Always liked the look of the Wolves team especially when they added Douglas.