British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JCookie

GP Challenge Final (Gorican) - 24/08/19

Not long now until one of the biggest meetings of the year, this could make or break next season's GP given the (poor) standard of the line-up. I've been able to get the following together based on posts on here, seems very little considering it's a fortnight away.

Martin Vaculik

Matej Zagar

Niels-Kristian Iversen

Craig Cook

Peter Ljung

Chris Harris

Robert Lambert

Pontus Aspgren

Anders Thomsen

David Bellego

Mikkel Michelsen

Max Fricke

Martin Smolinski

Kenneth Bjerre

Aleksandr Loktaev

Jurica Pavlic

Will Lambert be fit for this? Will Harris manage to get back in?

Fricke, Bjerre and Vaculik will go through for me.

Edited by JCookie

Michelsen, Smolinski and Ljung

Fricke/Lambert apart don't see anyone in that line up that will add anything to the GP line up.  Most had their chance and surprised to see no Poles in line up.  

39 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Fricke/Lambert apart don't see anyone in that line up that will add anything to the GP line up.  Most had their chance and surprised to see no Poles in line up.  

They didn't qualify

25 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

They didn't qualify

That was because the Polish qualifier(goldenhelmet) at Pila was called off in controversial circumstances and the PZM seeded the riders and left out the more likely to qualify- who they blamed for the cancellation. 

They don't let their riders rule the roost!  Hampel, Smektala, Wozniak, Przedpelski, Buczkowski & Niedzwiedz all rode in the qualifiers but failed to get through.

Edited by SPEEDY69

2 hours ago, JCookie said:

Not long now until one of the biggest meetings of the year, this could make or break next season's GP given the (poor) standard of the line-up. I've been able to get the following together based on posts on here, seems very little considering it's a fortnight away.

Martin Vaculik

Matej Zagar

Niels-Kristian Iversen

Craig Cook

Peter Ljung

Chris Harris

Robert Lambert

Pontus Aspgren

Anders Thomsen

David Bellego

Mikkel Michelsen

Max Fricke

Martin Smolinski

Kenneth Bjerre

Aleksandr Loktaev

Jurica Pavlic

Will Lambert be fit for this? Will Harris manage to get back in?

Fricke, Bjerre and Vaculik will go through for me.

Will Vaculik be there?  He's currently comfortably in the top 8 so he may give it a miss.

Some new young blood hopefully. No offense to PUK, Zagar, Smolly, Bomber but nice to see a few young guns go through

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

Will Vaculik be there?  He's currently comfortably in the top 8 so he may give it a miss.

Vaculik will be there IMO. He will take the opportunity to qualify mid season, get to the end and who knows what injuries they have that prevents them scoring enough to be in the top eight. Was it Dudek that relied on a wild card to be in, due to injury.

38 minutes ago, RPNY said:

Some new young blood hopefully. No offense to PUK, Zagar, Smolly, Bomber but nice to see a few young guns go through

Not wholly with you there. Went along with young guns in the past, ......   Milik and , Levbedevs for example but. Either is in the GP Challange final this year. Fricke ,Drabik, Smektala, Lambert still at least another full season away. Don’t want them in too soon and flopping ie Artum Laguta.

i said it before, those young guns I mentioned can be on the mix and be a spoiler in any gp, but to do it 10 meetings in a season is tough.  Look at Kolodzei this year, wins a gp then flops, and he is a mature rider. It is really tough.

4 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Vaculik will be there IMO. He will take the opportunity to qualify mid season, get to the end and who knows what injuries they have that prevents them scoring enough to be in the top eight. Was it Dudek that relied on a wild card to be in, due to injury.

Not wholly with you there. Went along with young guns in the past, ......   Milik and , Levbedevs for example but. Either is in the GP Challange final this year. Fricke ,Drabik, Smektala, Lambert still at least another full season away. Don’t want them in too soon and flopping ie Artum Laguta.

i said it before, those young guns I mentioned can be on the mix and be a spoiler in any gp, but to do it 10 meetings in a season is tough.  Look at Kolodzei this year, wins a gp then flops, and he is a mature rider. It is really tough.

I agree but you also get some guys that come along and take to it quickly. Id rather just see some fresh faces have a go rather than same guys finishing between 6th -10 th again

13 minutes ago, erinil1 said:

Is their a chance that their will be a stream?

FIM streamed it on their YouTube channel the last few years

• Like 1

How good is Pavlic these days? Could he still be a contender at Gorican?

23 minutes ago, RPNY said:

FIM streamed it on their YouTube channel the last few years

I would like that to be true but it`s not- the best we have had recently is Togliatti streamed it themselves but other than that the FIM have put together a 1 hour programme that they have put on the website and sold to Motors TV ( not on SKY platform any more)

Edited by racers and royals