British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JCookie

GP Challenge Final (Gorican) - 24/08/19

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHAT about Doyle if he stays outside the top eight?

You've probably got to give Doyle at least one wildcard based on his recent past but I have a suspicion he might be beginning to chart the same path as Holder and won't be a GP rider in 2-3 years from now.

I think Doyle is a great rider and definitely deserved the world title he won (and probably the one he didn't), but given his turnaround from PL rider with no application to World Champ, I wonder just how difficult it is to maintain that level of dedication/application once you've achieved what you set out to do? He's also a rider who's had terrible luck with injuries which must surely catch up eventually.

29 minutes ago, JCookie said:

You've probably got to give Doyle at least one wildcard based on his recent past but I have a suspicion he might be beginning to chart the same path as Holder and won't be a GP rider in 2-3 years from now.

I think Doyle is a great rider and definitely deserved the world title he won (and probably the one he didn't), but given his turnaround from PL rider with no application to World Champ, I wonder just how difficult it is to maintain that level of dedication/application once you've achieved what you set out to do? He's also a rider who's had terrible luck with injuries which must surely catch up eventually.

SOME suggest he rides too much ... might cut out a league. 

Just now, Ghostwalker said:

Michelsen, Fricke and Lambert would be the three I hope will qualify.

TWO of those battling injuries

42 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SOME suggest he rides too much ... might cut out a league. 

He rides far too much. All that racing and travelling he must be goosed

I think he still has a SGP title in him. He was top of the averages I think in Sweden last year but dropped off a bit in Poland. Most likely a new team in Poland next year might get the spark back.

As a slight aside I can see more riders riding Poland, SGPs and SEC 

Same with Lambert, rides too much but probably didn’t expect to be getting rides in the GP series.

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Wonder if Anders Thomsen is going to be able to ride ?

Last I heard he was planning to race in Poland on Friday and then head for Gorican.

Draw

1 NKI

2 Pavlic

3 Smolinski

4 Thomsen

5 Bellego

6 Fricke

7 Aspgren

8 Bjerre

9 Lambert

10 Vaculik

11 Ljung

12 Zagar

13 Michelsen

14 Cook

15 Loktaev

16 Harris

17 Ivacic

18 Magosi

46 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Substitute rider list- if anyone pull out of the 1 to 16

19 Lahti

20  C Holder

21 lebedevs

22 Wozniak

23 Przedpelski

24 Covatti

25 Hampel

26 Kulakov

U sure about Lahti? I spoke with someone who should know and we agree that after the qualis Tipu was 4th in the row. Now you say he’s 1st...

EDIT: it was on the FIM website.

Edited by f-s-p

2 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

U sure about Lahti? I spoke with someone who should know and we agree that after the qualis Tipu was 4th in the row. Now you say he’s 1st...

u have a link to this?

I can’t link it but google FIM GP qualifying and on the FIM website is a PDF which i have copied.

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

I can’t link it but google FIM GP qualifying and on the FIM website is a PDF which i have copied.

Thanks.