British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JCookie

GP Challenge Final (Gorican) - 24/08/19

3 minutes ago, JCookie said:

It would be nice if they could start showing it then.

Iversen has made a final and a semi final this season

He is 1 point behind Doyle who im sure nobody would moan if he made it through

There will never be 15 riders all capable of winning a GP.

Would people seriously have preferred a top 3 of Aspgren, Loktaev, and Pavlic all 1 point off of getting through

I would say Iversen and Zagar have more chance of winning a GP then any of those

People moaned about Kolodziej but he has shown he is more than capable of winning races

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

Iversen has made a final and a semi final this season

He is 1 point behind Doyle who im sure nobody would moan if he made it through

There will never be 15 riders all capable of winning a GP.

Would people seriously have preferred a top 3 of Aspgren, Loktaev, and Pavlic all 1 point off of getting through

I would say Iversen and Zagar have more chance of winning a GP then any of those

People moaned about Kolodziej but he has shown he is more than capable of winning races

The difference is Iversen, Zagar and Lindback have been proven to be not at the level of winning GPs regularly, or even at all. Aspgren, Pavlic and Loktajev probably wouldn't win a GP either but you never know as they've never tried. Just like you say with Kolodziej, you never know...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JCookie said:

It would be nice if they could start showing it then.

You could have the very best 16 riders in the world... way, way ahead of anyone else. One of them will still come last.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JCookie said:

The difference is Iversen, Zagar and Lindback have been proven to be not at the level of winning GPs regularly, or even at all. Aspgren, Pavlic and Loktajev probably wouldn't win a GP either but you never know as they've never tried. Just like you say with Kolodziej, you never know...

I get your point but we disagree but both entitled to our opinion

You cant please everyone lol

• Like 1

Kolodziej is former GP rider and has always been a lot better than Aspgren, Pavlic and Loktajev.

9 minutes ago, JCookie said:

But we do know. 

We just had a meeting. Iversen and Zagar beat them.

The level of intelligence on this forum just gets worse and worse..

One minute folk are moaning riders don't qualify.. then they moan when they do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

But we do know. 

We do know what? We know that they wouldn't win a GP do we? Pontus Aspgren was an easy race away from beating them last night so it's hardly cast iron evidence. Don't twist my words.

I think you'd struggle to find anyone who would legitimately claim Pontus Aspgren is a better rider than those 2, but those 2 also show no hope of ever winning a GP again on current form.

14 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

You could have the very best 16 riders in the world... way, way ahead of anyone else. One of them will still come last.

Don't think that's ever been disputed, certainly not by me. As I've said before on here though, top 10 is fairly tight, add Woffinden and it'd be a top 11. Yet still the same 3 riders are bottom or near enough bottom. 

25 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

But we do know. 

correct.     Including Vaculik the top 4 riders came 1st to 4th in the GP Challenge.    No arguements.  

Edited by Mark

3 minutes ago, eric i said:

I think the GP series should be the current best 15 riders in the world.

But how do you know who the 15 best riders in the world are? IMO just because you are in the GP-series it doesn't make you a top 15 rider. 

If Aspgren would have qualified, would he have been among the 15 best in the world? I'd say no. 

IMO current top 8 + Woffinden and Doyle are likely to be the 10 best in the world but behind them I'd say that there are a whole bunch of riders that are of similar quality where their day form would decide who the better rider is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghostwalker said:

But how do you know who the 15 best riders in the world are? IMO just because you are in the GP-series it doesn't make you a top 15 rider. 

If Aspgren would have qualified, would he have been among the 15 best in the world? I'd say no. 

IMO current top 8 + Woffinden and Doyle are likely to be the 10 best in the world but behind them I'd say that there are a whole bunch of riders that are of similar quality where their day form would decide who the better rider is. 

that is right.  We have to have some form of qualification for the similar quality riders and the GP Challenge is ideal for that.      With the normal injuries we will see Aspergren and Thomsen in the 2020 series.

8 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Don't think that's ever been disputed, certainly not by me. As I've said before on here though, top 10 is fairly tight, add Woffinden and it'd be a top 11. Yet still the same 3 riders are bottom or near enough bottom. 

I was very uninspired when those 2 qualified last night. And equally having never seen him ride before I was devastated fo poor Aspgren when he packed up in his last heat.

however although you make a point about Zagar and NKI not being top 10, it’s not like they are a Harris (no disrespect to a rider I’ve always enjoyed watching) who will come 16th in pretty much every GP. They will be competitive and get heat wins in pretty much every GP and make a good amount of semi finals and finals. So they do make the GPs competitive. And more importantly, like it or not they qualified by right 

7 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

I admit it maybe subjective but no sane person have Aspgren in their top 30. 

4 minutes ago, RPNY said:

I was very uninspired when those 2 qualified last night. And equally having never seen him ride before I was devastated fo poor Aspgren when he packed up in his last heat.

however although you make a point about Zagar and NKI not being top 10, it’s not like they are a Harris (no disrespect to a rider I’ve always enjoyed watching) who will come 16th in pretty much every GP. They will be competitive and get heat wins in pretty much every GP and make a good amount of semi finals and finals. So they do make the GPs competitive. And more importantly, like it or not they qualified by right 

Can't disagree with much of that. Perhaps I am being too harsh, for the reasons you state, and Iversen is quite decent to watch. It'd just be nice to have some fresh blood to see what someone else can do. At least we have Fricke...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JCookie said:

The top 10 are pretty tight, but the man in 11th, 1 point behind 10th is apparently totally out of touch...Is that what you are saying? :blink::P

• Haha 1