British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JCookie

GP Challenge Final (Gorican) - 24/08/19

He’s great is Bomber, watching him win at Cardiff was possibly the most enjoyment ever had at a sporting event. However seeing him last night the length of the straight behind the others was very sad. I hope he concentrates on making some money and enjoying his racing going forward 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mark said:

Codswallop.   The Challenge is a legimate way of finding the top 15 riders in the world and should be open to every rider.    Those who finish 1-2-3 deserve there spot in next years series.

Riders do not know if they are performing poorly in the GP series before competiting in challenge qualifiers so your theory is flawed.    Vaculik doing very well, Iversen not far off top 8 so Zagar the only one in danger but he is only 13pts off top 8.

Agree but not if they are currently in the GP series. Qualify on your current form or forego and go through the challenge series the following year if you do not make it. It seems failure is to be awarded. No wonder success no longer has any credibility and you see the same old faces. Hence the one off finals gave everyone a chance but today you can be piss poor and get two bites of the cherry. Everyone has an opinion and I respect yours but i do not share your view. 

29 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Agree but not if they are currently in the GP series. Qualify on your current form or forego and go through the challenge series the following year if you do not make it. It seems failure is to be awarded. No wonder success no longer has any credibility and you see the same old faces. Hence the one off finals gave everyone a chance but today you can be piss poor and get two bites of the cherry. Everyone has an opinion and I respect yours but i do not share your view. 

Last sentence agree. 

53 minutes ago, Mark said:

I think Bomber entered to stick 2 fingers up to his critics.  Good for him. 

Well he did get picked for a SON place and he is going to Cardiff, albeit as a "track reserve". I respectfully suggest that he should take himself out of the international scene, get himself a shirt sponsorship and take it from there. 

1 hour ago, Mark said:

I think Bomber entered to stick 2 fingers up to his critics.  Good for him. 

Well, he certainly showed them... I'm sure none of them could find anything to criticise in his performance last night :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

Bit like teams that drop out of Champions league qualifier and have safety net of Europa league. Saying that most current gp riders are a lot better that majority of GP qualifiers in Croatia, hence their right to compete.

People should be thankful Pontus Aspgren didnt qualify! 

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

People should be thankful Pontus Aspgren didnt qualify! 

Why

You have to admire Bomber's resilence.     A great servant to GB speedway and I hope that he has made a fortune for his family.

Edited by Mark

52 minutes ago, RPNY said:

Why

People want fresh faces yet after a GP of him scoring nothing everyone would be saying hes out of his depth blah blah blah ...

dont agree with Gavan much if at all but he is actually right here ... whilst well passed their best , Zagar and Iversen are probably in the top 15 in the world still , will still win races and make semi finals and even the odd final , and theyve qualified by right. 

Iversen and Zagar got in ahead of a guy currently sat 4th in the standings , so they can still mix it. 

From where I can see, next year their wont be a Harris who trails in way way adrift in the standings. Unless of course Harris gets a wild card , which obviously he wont. 

Understood and I also agree with him on that as you will see from my previous posts. But PA was probably the best rider on the night in the challenge and if he (or anyone else) had qualified fair and square you can’t take that away from them. 

I think I just felt so sorry for the guy after he was a relatively easy ride away from qualifying and his bike packed up 

19 minutes ago, RPNY said:

Understood and I also agree with him on that as you will see from my previous posts. But PA was probably the best rider on the night in the challenge and if he (or anyone else) had qualified fair and square you can’t take that away from them. 

I think I just felt so sorry for the guy after he was a relatively easy ride away from qualifying and his bike packed up 

well, he was also lucky to even be in positon for a GP spot. he won heat 7 from second start. at first he was easily last and then start marshall finished the race after 3 laps. so yeah I would´t say that he was the best rider of the night.

9 points from 4 rides including 2 race wins, he was doing ok. 

12 hours ago, Mark said:

You have to admire Bomber's resilence.     A great servant to GB speedway and I hope that he has made a fortune for his family.

Hope he doesn’t waste on GP Challenge, he is always moaning that he is finding it hard to make money from the sport.

• Like 2

In fact he has made it clear that "it's just not worth it" unless he is allowed to Double Up / Down / Sideways and will likely be the only rider ( as a real National Treasure ) who is allowed to double up or get first choice of all and any guest bookings in One Big league ( should it ever come ).