British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JCookie

GP Challenge Final (Gorican) - 24/08/19

9 hours ago, False dawn said:

I think I agree. But doesn't that support the argument that the Challenge should be after the GP season?

The more current GP riders that take part in the plan B route, the more devalued the Challenge becomes. I know we still get 3 qualifiers from the Challenge, come what may. But we might have to go well down the finishing order to see who that is. And worse still, we won't know who those 3 are, on the night or potentially for many weeks. Surely the Challenge route was set up to provide a focused route for the top three riders to get into the GP series? Not as a safety net for riders in the middle and lower order of the current series.

By removing the top 15 riders from the challenge you are reducing the quality of the final 15 for the following year's GP.   What is the point of that ?    Do you want Pavlic, Smolinski, Bjerre, Cook or Bomber in the GP's because there is no Iversen, Zagar, Vaculik to race against.       Non could win a GP in the current top 15 but Zagar and Iversen can.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mark said:

By removing the top 15 riders from the challenge you are reducing the quality of the final 15 for the following year's GP.   What is the point of that ?    Do you want Pavlic, Smolinski, Bjerre, Cook or Bomber in the GP's because there is no Iversen, Zagar, Vaculik to race against.       Non could win a GP in the current top 15 but Zagar and Iversen can.

I have to agree. The Challenge should be at the end of the season tho. And there should NOT be a local wildcard. totally unfair 

Edited by RPNY

Just now, RPNY said:

I have to agree. The Challenge should be at the end of the season tho. And there should NOT be a local wildcard. totally unfair 

the Pavlic thing is ridiculous on several levels.    God help the GP series if he ever qualifies.  

Not to single out Pavlic it happens every year

On 9/3/2019 at 10:35 PM, RPNY said:

It’s about the same with SoN. Without an event in the UK, youd never qualify for the final...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, f-s-p said:

It’s about the same with SoN. Without an event in the UK, youd never qualify for the final...

Woffinden and Lambert would qualify from anywhere, as was proved in last years final.

7 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Assuming Woffinden was fit, you can't seriously believe that?

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Assuming Woffinden was fit, you can't seriously believe that?

Woffy this woffy that, Team GB is a ”one rider pony”. 

If they put you to qualify abroad, that would be it...

They wont though, it’s all politics!

3 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Woffy this woffy that, Team GB is a ”one rider pony”. 

If they put you to qualify abroad, that would be it...

They wont though, it’s all politics!

Yeah, Woffy this, Woffy that.

The last time we rode abroad with Woffinden.. it wasn't in a semi-final.. but the final. And we top scored, so stop talking absolute nonsense.

What you're saying is, had we been in the other semi, Woffinden/Lambert wouldn't have qualified from a semi where Huckenbeck and Smolinski came 2nd.... Seriously, I thought you had some knowledge of speedway!

3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Yeah, Woffy this, Woffy that.

The last time we rode abroad with Woffinden.. it wasn't in a semi-final.. but the final. And we top scored, so stop talking absolute nonsense.

What you're saying is, had we been in the other semi, Woffinden/Lambert wouldn't have qualified from a semi where Huckenbeck and Smolinski came 2nd.... Seriously, I thought you had some knowledge of speedway!

From where did you qualify to the final? From where have you qualified to any of the finals since SWC and now SoN was introduced? The answer... from home soil. (Didnt check though... :lol:)

I admit I posted what I posted to stir the pot. I’ve made a similar remark before without any  feedback. It’s about 50/60 like Matti the Great would say, about the fact that currently you dont have a strong enough team to do the job abroad.

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

From where did you qualify to the final? From where have you qualified to any of the finals since SWC and now SoN was introduced? The answer... from home soil. (Didnt check though... :lol:)

I admit I posted what I posted to stir the pot. I’ve made a similar remark before without any  feedback. It’s about 50/60 like Matti the Great would say, about the fact that currently you dont have a strong enough team to do the job abroad.

No it isn't about 50/50 in the slightest. Not even close.

The team we have with Woffinden showed over 2 days, abroad, they were the best in the world. Not in a semi where at least three of the teams are cannon fodder.. but in the final, against the very very best.

6 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

No it isn't about 50/50 in the slightest. Not even close.

The team we have with Woffinden showed over 2 days, abroad, they were the best in the world. Not in a semi where at least three of the teams are cannon fodder.. but in the final, against the very very best.

Woffinden.

8 hours ago, BWitcher said:

To be fair, speedway wise, that event "abroad" was more "at home" to Tai than anywhere in the UK...
Not that I am disagreeing with your overall point, just making a random drunken comment :unsure::D