British Speedway Forum
OveFundinFan

Reshape existing tracks

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

That is a great way at looking at it Ove i am quite happy to stay as it is a new stadium is not a must for me.The track has changed for the better and i would like to think in years to come the track would be considered .For  the meetings of the calibre of the BLRC, British semi final's ( ect).

Couldn't agree more Sid. Don't really care about the stadium now the track has improved loads.

5 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Sadly there used to be many stadiums that had seating and good terraces but Wimbledon, West Ham, Coventry, New Cross, Hackney, Leicester, Walthamstow and Crayford have all been built on by developers. The tragic part about it is that the public expect good standard stadia, quite rightly but in many cases they are the very stadia that get knocked down. 

Spot on. How about Sheffield, great back straight for spectating, well it was before it was closed off. Now get that sorted and you have a stadium that could hold high level meetings with views for all to enjoy and attract some big crowds. I guess thats not going to happen though any time soon.

On 8/5/2019 at 3:39 PM, Daniel Smith said:

King's Lynn definitely needs a width adjustment. ½ meter on the bends with more banking would make a significant difference to start. 

And there's plenty of room on inside.

Went to swindon few week ago... belting racing

Went to wolves few days ago..... belting racing

Went to scunny last week...... belting racing

Go belle vue every week..... belting racing. 

Common denominator???????? Track was prepared perfect. 

Preparation is key, shape is an added bonus

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Went to swindon few week ago... belting racing

Went to wolves few days ago..... belting racing

Went to scunny last week...... belting racing

Go belle vue every week..... belting racing. 

Common denominator???????? Track was prepared perfect. 

Preparation is key, shape is an added bonus

Do Poole need to up there game in that department Phil??? , Swindon has been dire for a number of years  now yet they addressed the problem and spent money and the entertainment element has improved no end.Poole are a great club have good fans but they need to sort there track out sometime soon a real shame because the track was decent wait to get a backlash.!!!!

Poole used to be a great track, and not even that long ago.  

Shall be going to Swindon in a few weeks to give it my first look. 

3 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Spot on. How about Sheffield, great back straight for spectating, well it was before it was closed off. Now get that sorted and you have a stadium that could hold high level meetings with views for all to enjoy and attract some big crowds. I guess thats not going to happen though any time soon.

They opened up the back straight years ago for a World Team Cup (I think), I remember Lee Richardson having a great night!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

They opened up the back straight years ago for a World Team Cup (I think), I remember Lee Richardson having a great night!

Back in 1983 GB v USA at Sheffield. Place was rammed. Absolutely as good as anything that Poland provides today. Other than there you get a seat. Now we can’t stand on the back straight. No demand! I wonder why??

5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Do Poole need to up there game in that department Phil??? , Swindon has been dire for a number of years  now yet they addressed the problem and spent money and the entertainment element has improved no end.Poole are a great club have good fans but they need to sort there track out sometime soon a real shame because the track was decent wait to get a backlash.!!!!

I've been to the last two meetings at Poole Sid, and to be fair the track was pretty decent.

3 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I've been to the last two meetings at Poole Sid, and to be fair the track was pretty decent.

Well that has to be good then city for speedway in general, and whoever get's Poole in the playoffs.When the track is good it is a nice circuit great to hear that cityrebel great stuff.

12 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I was at Poole last week too and the racing was the best I’ve seen in a long while. Heat 12 is on the BSPA site and shows how raceable the track can be. 

The NSS is far and away the best track, but it was designed in this decade for this decade’s bikes. Many of the others were designed when uprights were king and it shows

ALL FOUR would have been excluded for tape touching!