British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Eagles 07/08

So Eastbourne visit Perry Barr, not sure what to expect from them TBH only know if Kennett, Newman & Lawson. All could be decent at Birmingham or pants. Guessing Kennett & Newman will hit the outside, Lawson curb creep.

Is Adam Ellis likely to be fit, guessing not but sometimes riders recover from collar bone breaks quickly. If not who guests? Please not R/R. Will I finally see Aarnio ride Perry Barr or another replacement. Will I finally see a home win?

7 hours ago, Col said:

So Eastbourne visit Perry Barr, not sure what to expect from them TBH only know if Kennett, Newman & Lawson. All could be decent at Birmingham or pants. Guessing Kennett & Newman will hit the outside, Lawson curb creep.

Is Adam Ellis likely to be fit, guessing not but sometimes riders recover from collar bone breaks quickly. If not who guests? Please not R/R. Will I finally see Aarnio ride Perry Barr or another replacement. Will I finally see a home win?

You wont be that impressed if Aarnio does ride ? he's nowhere near the rider he should/could be ?

Be good if the club could let us know the team news in advance?

It's going to be a tough meeting, but one we can win!

50-40 :t:

Looking forward to seeing/hoping that the new shale's been laid since the last meeting!?

Kennett v Garrity will be one hell of a battle! :t:

Edited by GiveusaB

Track should be ideal as we've had enough rain last few days to bed it in but not too excessive and tomorrow looks a nice sunny day.

Be interesting to see what 7 we track as time I think for us fans to see some continuity.

If we ride like we did in KOC Shield v Eagles when we beat them by more than score suggests we should be comfortable as Wood is a waste of time away and Edwards still finding his feet.

Be good to see Kyle back a 100% trier.

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Track should be ideal as we've had enough rain last few days to bed it in but not too excessive and tomorrow looks a nice sunny day.

Be interesting to see what 7 we track as time I think for us fans to see some continuity.

If we ride like we did in KOC Shield v Eagles when we beat them by more than score suggests we should be comfortable as Wood is a waste of time away and Edwards still finding his feet.

Be good to see Kyle back a 100% trier.

I think the 7 is already selected ? just 2 changes from last meeting ? Ellis/Jenkins ?

I have to air caution to 'Wood' being rubbish away from home ? He usually goes well at PB.

Hope Kyle has an off night : )

Lawson/Kennett are real threats!

• Like 1

First time to Birmingham tomorrow :) , attempted to make a meeting in April but it was rained off but this one weather wise looks like the meeting should be on , travelling with my dad from Preston at around 3pm so should arrive in plenty of time - looking forward to it 

Chris 

Edited by ProperSport

Lawson, Kennett, Kerr & Newman I know. Wood I've seen on the TV. What to expect from Bowtell & Edwards?

Pretty sure bowtell shared in a couple of 5-1’s in eagles first visit in championship shield while Edwards is a gilt edged prospect - sure, inexperienced at this level but if he rides anywhere near as well as he did in each of his of his first two aways in eagles colours (Glasgow and Redcar) we shouldn’t expect but I anticipate a meaningful contribution - with Kennett, Lawson and Kerr all in good form I reckon if eagles are to win a league match on the road this season this could be it - Newman will inevitably still feel he has a point to prove while wood, in spite of comments above to the contrary has enjoyed some fine moments at Perry Barr - as an Eastbourne fan I will be travelling in hopes of a good performance - we were great in the shield match, a lot less so in the cup. Not underestimating the brummies whatsoever though - in spite of all the chopping and changing this will be one they need to win and needless to say they are fully capable - hoping that a great match up is in prospect

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Col said:

Lawson, Kennett, Kerr & Newman I know. Wood I've seen on the TV. What to expect from Bowtell & Edwards?

Bowtell and Edwards go well at PB....

8 hours ago, ProperSport said:

First time to Birmingham tomorrow :) , attempted to make a meeting in April but it was rained off but this one weather wise looks like the meeting should be on , travelling with my dad from Preston at around 3pm so should arrive in plenty of time - looking forward to it 

Chris 

You've picked a great match  .... All Eastbourne riders go well at PB ....Garrity for us is nothing short of 'spectacular' and we have Ellis back.... not to mention the 'new' surface that's recently been laid!

The weather is 'booming' for speedway!

I'm sure 'Brummies' will be fighting hard to avoid the wooden spoon....add the history/rivalry and we are in for a proper speedway match!

Give-us-a-B !

I fancy us to beat Eagles predict 47-43.

Think Edwards will do more than Morley did but don't think Kyle will match Brennan's last performance there just b4 he broke his leg.

Kennett is hot and cold and I think Adam and Jason G will have measure of him and Lawson in key heats.

Interesting to see if Jenkins is any improvement on any other NL reserve we've had and Stoneman did get 10 points v them last time and doubt Jenkins will get anywhere near that.

They are poor away so we have to capitalise.

14 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

You've picked a great match  .... All Eastbourne riders go well at PB ....Garrity for us is nothing short of 'spectacular' and we have Ellis back.... not to mention the 'new' surface that's recently been laid!

The weather is 'booming' for speedway!

I'm sure 'Brummies' will be fighting hard to avoid the wooden spoon....add the history/rivalry and we are in for a proper speedway match!

Give-us-a-B !

Sounds good - is parking easy ? Many Thanks Chris 

13 minutes ago, ProperSport said:

Sounds good - is parking easy ? Many Thanks Chris 

You can park at the stadium for £2.50-£3.00 to the GRA, or you can park for free in the one stop shopping centre where the old stadium used to be. It's just a short walk over the road from one stop. There is a 4 hour parking restriction but they allow longer for speedway spectators. 

• Like 1