British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Eagles 07/08

19 minutes ago, ProperSport said:

Sounds good - is parking easy ? Many Thanks Chris 

There is also some 'street' parking near to traffic lights approx 200 metres or so from the stadium (heading away from the City) it's a bit closer than the 'One-stop' car park !

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, S4r4h said:

You can park at the stadium for £2.50-£3.00 to the GRA, or you can park for free in the one stop shopping centre where the old stadium used to be. It's just a short walk over the road from one stop. There is a 4 hour parking restriction but they allow longer for speedway spectators. 

I normally park in One Stop and never had any issues as its safe and easy to access, find it helps leaving a speedway programme or similar on front seat in case some over officious parking attendant appears but most Wednesdays they seem to assume anyone over 4 hours is at Speedway. Highly unlikely you'll be more than 4 hours anyway.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for all the replies , good to see a number of options - should hopefully be at Perry Barr for around 5.30 pm so the 4 hrs seems ok - looking forward to it - Cheers Chris 

2 minutes ago, ProperSport said:

Thank you very much for all the replies , good to see a number of options - should hopefully be at Perry Barr for around 5.30 pm so the 4 hrs seems ok - looking forward to it - Cheers Chris 

Wishing you a safe journey and I hope you have a great evening!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

I normally park in One Stop and never had any issues as its safe and easy to access, find it helps leaving a speedway programme or similar on front seat in case some over officious parking attendant appears but most Wednesdays they seem to assume anyone over 4 hours is at Speedway. Highly unlikely you'll be more than 4 hours anyway.

Surely Brummies are subject to a curfew at 22:00 like most clubs, 19:00 to 22:00 is only 3 hours.  The One Stop does have enormous speed bumps, it's worth knowing that before you go.

1 hour ago, ProperSport said:

gates open 6.15 

BIRMINGHAM: Adam Ellis, Nick Agertoft, Tero Aarnio, Paco Castagna, Jason Garrity, Jordan Jenkins, James Shanes.
EASTBOURNE: Edward Kennett, Georgie Wood, Kyle Newman, Lewis Kerr, Richard Lawson, Alfie Bowtell, Jason Edwards. 

Only meeting I'll make this season as I'm back over briefly from Canada, was concerned about the weather earlier in the week but it's turned out great, no excuse for the track not to be in great nick, two full strength teams and what should be a close, well fought meeting, thoroughly looking forward to it :) .

Come on the Brummies!

Edited by CUFC_Brummie
  • Like 1

Is this on the radio? 

2 hours ago, Col said:

BIRMINGHAM: Adam Ellis, Nick Agertoft, Tero Aarnio, Paco Castagna, Jason Garrity, Jordan Jenkins, James Shanes.
EASTBOURNE: Edward Kennett, Georgie Wood, Kyle Newman, Lewis Kerr, Richard Lawson, Alfie Bowtell, Jason Edwards. 

Pleased to see that Jason has been moved to No.5 ….. :t:

11 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Is this on the radio? 

I don't think so? I think Radio WM are covering cricket tonight?

Had a nice drive down just over 2 Hrs , ensconced in the Arthur Robertson having parked in the car park and awaiting some food , looking forward to a good meeting

• Thanks 1