British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Eagles 07/08

Just to put some facts onto the speculation about the track.

Unfortunatley the day before the main tractor had broken down. My guess is that the track would have been even better prepared had this not been so. ~Even so it produced some good racing.

16 minutes ago, guitar_art said:

Just to put some facts onto the speculation about the track.

Unfortunatley the day before the main tractor had broken down. My guess is that the track would have been even better prepared had this not been so. ~Even so it produced some good racing.

We've got to steer away from these excuses GA....we've given fans enough ammunition already this season (electricity failure etc...) :rofl:

Just teasing : )

Edited by GiveusaB

24 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I always fancied a home win for the Brummies last night, especially against the leagues worst travellers. The dropping of Ben Morley has definitely weakened the Eagles, although it could benefit them in the long term. The track was far too dry at the start, and bumpy in places, but it still managed to produce some decent racing.

Not sure it has.

True Edwards had poor night last night but according to Eagles own Press Briefing had scored 5 at Glasgow and 5+2 at Redcar,

Morley away average was way less than that and in easier matches, as for Wood, his away average is less than 2.

That's where Easties season long away problems are firmly with Wood and previously Morley. (other than win at ours in Shield)

Doubt Morley would have scored anything on that track last night, he'd have been 1/2 lap behind as hates anything but slick, e.g Lakeside and Arlington.

Doubt Morley would have been competitive at Glasgow or Redcar. He is a very good NL rider that is all. Edwards is 16 and could be a very good rider in a few years although disappointing last night.

Eastie strong top 3 and promise of Edwards and Brennan when he comes back will be totally wasted if they continue with Wood away.

Spoke to Eastie fans who sit up in Bar and they said the result at Glasgow was mainly points got from RR as Wood was sick and missing or tactically sent on holiday some thought. 

Kyle was probably their best rider other than Lawson and Bowtell is improving a bit.

Kyle deserves a long run somewhere and would do a good second string job for Easties if they can fit him in for 2020.

Unlucky for Eastie that Shanes finally put it all together. Track suited him though with his grass track experience, thought Kennett would have done better for that reason.

38 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I always fancied a home win for the Brummies last night, especially against the leagues worst travellers. The dropping of Ben Morley has definitely weakened the Eagles, although it could benefit them in the long term. The track was far too dry at the start, and bumpy in places, but it still managed to produce some decent racing.

Not sure it has.

True Edwards had poor night last night but according to Eagles own Press Briefing had scored 5 at Glasgow and 5+2 at Redcar,

Morley away average was way less than that and in easier matches, as for Wood, his away average is less than 2.

That's where Easties season long away problems are firmly with Wood and previously Morley. (other than win at ours in Shield)

Doubt Morley would have scored anything on that track last night, he'd have been 1/2 lap behind as hates anything but slick, e.g Lakeside and Arlington.

Doubt Morley would have been competitive at Glasgow or Redcar. He is a very good NL rider that is all. Edwards is 16 and could be a very good rider in a few years although disappointing last night.

Eastie strong top 3 and promise of Edwards and Brennan when he comes back will be totally wasted if they continue with Wood away.

Spoke to Eastie fans who sit up in Bar and they said the result at Glasgow was mainly points got from RR as Wood was sick and missing or tactically sent on holiday some thought. 

Kyle was probably their best rider other than Lawson and Bowtell is improving a bit.

Kyle deserves a long run somewhere and would do a good second string job for Easties if they can fit him in for 2020.

Unlucky for Eastie that Shanes finally put it all together. Track suited him though with his grass track experience, thought Kennett would have done better for that reason.

have to agree Garrity is a revelation.

should look at Adam ; him and AN Other as Heat Leaders next season

Paco and Tero at 4 and 5 and Shanes and Ashley at 6 and 7

thats play off team!

Shanes was a cert to get a big score last night, eastbourne are a poor outfit away from home and have a long tail. Bowtell looks to be improving , somerset have 4 heatleaders and 3 nl riders, eastbourne have the same set up but a much weaker top 4.

The only team they beat was half a brummies side, early doors

14 minutes ago, HGould said:

Not sure it has.

I think you’ll find that riding at No 2 is a hard position especially away from home as most clubs are finding out with their own No 2’s. They all seem to score reasonably well in home fixtures and struggle big time away. Georgie Wood is now the latest rider to find out what it’s like to be in that position as will Anders Rowe at Somerset. Unfortunately some riders are dropped before they are given the opportunity to ride in the easier berths down at reserve. This is probably why Birmingham are keeping Agertoft in the main body as it give James Shanes the potential to have 7 rides every meeting like Georgie was at Eastbourne and Anders at Somerset. I’m sure if Ben Morley was given a run at reserve for any team in the Championship he would be regularly hitting double figure scores as he would be competing against riders of NL level of which has been mentioned he is one of the best. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Paulco, Tsunami and I were agreed on the very same thing at Newcastle a couple of weeks ago. 

Three wise (old) men :D

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

We've got to steer away from these excuses GA....we've given fans enough ammunition already this season (electricity failure etc...) :rofl:

Just teasing : )

They are just using excuses that have worked for other clubs(Leicester) ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HGould said:

have to agree Garrity is a revelation.

should look at Adam ; him and AN Other as Heat Leaders next season

Paco and Tero at 4 and 5 and Shanes and Ashley at 6 and 7

thats play off team!

It's also probably miles over the imposed points limit.

Here you go... 

Adam Ellis 7.65
Jason Garrity 7.49
Tero Aarnio 6.67
Paco Castagna 5.59
Ashley Morris 5.46
James Shanes 5.20

No room for another heat leader (average higher than Aarnio) unless the points limit is nearly 45.

Edited by Col

3 hours ago, Col said:

It's also probably miles over the imposed points limit.

Here you go... 

Adam Ellis 7.65
Jason Garrity 7.49
Tero Aarnio 6.67
Paco Castagna 5.59
Ashley Morris 5.46
James Shanes 5.20

No room for another heat leader (average higher than Aarnio) unless the points limit is nearly 45.

Can't see us hanging on to Jason....?

I wouldn't be too fussed to see Aarnio back ?

But I can definitely see Shanes/Paco/Morris back.... Ellis might miss too many meetings? I'd choose Garrity over Ellis if all day long...….

Ellis shouldn't miss any fixtures if signed before the season begins.  Assuming he gets a Premiership spot those fixtures will be on a Monday & Thursday only. The only reason his Danish fixtures took precidence this year was because he was signed midseason having already committed to the Danish fixtures. British league as his "domestic" will always take precidence.

Garrity's parent club (which I assume is Scunthorpe since the sad demise of the Bee's from Brandon) should get the option to sign him first. But it is really upto the rider.

11 hours ago, Col said:

Ellis shouldn't miss any fixtures if signed before the season begins.  Assuming he gets a Premiership spot those fixtures will be on a Monday & Thursday only. The only reason his Danish fixtures took precidence this year was because he was signed midseason having already committed to the Danish fixtures. British league as his "domestic" will always take precidence.

Garrity's parent club (which I assume is Scunthorpe since the sad demise of the Bee's from Brandon) should get the option to sign him first. But it is really upto the rider.

I think I was more disappointed with Ellis when he went AWOL for the Glasgow away trip? a weekend in France....whilst the rest of the lads get a good hiding ?

Any way, that's in the past and we've moved on!

Thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Birmingham , as did my dad - arrived nice and early and had a decent meal in the Weatherspoons , weather was decent - liked the rider introduction and loved the fact that the meeting was conducted at a brisk pace ( wish all tracks would take note ) no messing around from the riders , ref got on with it and to be finished by 9.15 was spot on , thought Shanes , Garrity , Castagna where excellent - Eastbourne frankly summed up by Kennett not winning a race all evening , nice friendly crowd , ice cream went down well - the only down side was the Highways agency deciding to make 4 lanes on the M6 into 1 at 11pm delaying the trip back by 45 mins but that was a small issue - decent nights entertainment and a ground I will visit again - solid 8/10

Chris 

Edited by ProperSport
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, ProperSport said:

Thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Birmingham , as did my dad - arrived nice and early and had a decent meal in the Weatherspoons , weather was decent - liked the rider introduction and loved the fact that the meeting was conducted at a brisk pace ( wish all tracks would take note ) no messing around from the riders , ref got on with it and to be finished by 9.15 was spot on , thought Shanes , Garrity , Castagna where excellent - Eastbourne frankly summed up by Kennett not winning a race all evening , nice friendly crowd , ice cream went down well - the only down side was the Highways agency deciding to make 4 lanes on the M6 into 1 at 11pm delaying the trip back by 45 mins but that was a small issue - decent nights entertainment and a ground I will visit again - solid 8/10

Chris 

Birmingham do seem to crack on with it briskly, even allowing for a 10-15 minute interval to have kids fun and games on the centre green. Also nice to stay and watch the MDL afterwards and still leave by 9.40ish. Like you say, the only downside can be the Highways Agency limiting the lanes for no apparent reason....  really glad you enjoyed your night because its been like this all year, credit to the promotion and all the staff that run it all efficiently