British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chris116

IOW Warriors v Mildenhall Fen Tigers 8/8/19

Wood isnt riding tonight and I am trying everything to get someone somehow here... to say I am totoally and completely gutted is an understatement.... totally gutted.

Big crowd, sponsored meeting with sponsors in attendance - meal the works, lots of great people travelling and I am truly, genuinely struggling.... another NL meeting tonight, NL riders covering for riders in high leagues for this meeting has caused us no end of problems plus being on an island is unfortunate in this situation.

BUT rest assured, I promise you all I will put everything I have to make this an incredible speedway show for you all... and hey who knows what may happen... but it will be no easy task.

Please dont write to me with suggestions for riders for tonight.. we will have tried them and are continuing to do so...  :(

I think everyone knows how hard you and team at Smallbrook work to provide a great evening. Very sorry that Danno and Georgie are injured but you are not to blame for that. I wish them both all the best and am still looking forward to seeing you and the racing tonight and for the Belle Vue meeting. 

This is going to be hard for IOW tonight ..Georgie Wood is a massive loss ,,it is doughtfull if a good enough guest can be found at short notice,, and R/R will leave only Ben Morley good enough to cover,,,just one ride......Danno Verge too will be missed as his form has been improving this season,hopefully he will make a  quick recovery from his nasty crash at Kent ,,,Mildenhall too have to make changes but some of them seem to be beneficial.. hopefully all the IOW lads can rise to what is a difficult task...

Campos withdrawn from the meeting as if thing were not bad enough and they have to go to Mildenhall on Sunday..anyone down there praying for rain...?

R/R for Wood produced 3 points ..guest for Verge 1 point says it all really...spirited efforts from Morley,,Wirtzfield (how do you spell that ?) and Widman but never had a chance once Campos pulled out..Ayers beginning to look untouchable at this level,,and Sunday at Mildenhall looking a night mare for the IOW,,what's left of them......

Edited by waco

Not a happy evening for the Warriors but we still saw some entertaining action. Given the weather all the riders put on a great show. I met a number of Mildenhall fans who enjoyed seeing their side claim four points but you could tell they would have been happier if Warriors had been at full strength. 

Thank you to Barry Bishop for encouraging me to get myself to the meeting, with his enthusiasm the Warriors deserve all the success possible and I am looking forward to seeing the Belle Vue Colts in twelve days time against a hopefully fitter Warriors side. Best wishes to Georgie, Danno and Scott, I hope they all recover soon from their injuries. 

• Like 2

Does the eight day rule about guesting not apply in the NDL as I noticed that Nathan Stoneman was guesting for Mildenhall last night after riding last week for an Oxford Select team on the 1st August, or do Challenge matches not come into the equation. If so will the 10 points he scored be taken away. 

30 minutes ago, dave1075 said:

Does the eight day rule about guesting not apply in the NDL as I noticed that Nathan Stoneman was guesting for Mildenhall last night after riding last week for an Oxford Select team on the 1st August, or do Challenge matches not come into the equation. If so will the 10 points he scored be taken away. 

Challenge matches don't count.

On 8/8/2019 at 9:22 PM, waco said:

,Wirtzfield (how do you spell that ?)

It is spelt Wirtzfeld according to last night's programme. 

Edited by Chris116
Damn autocorrect!

3 hours ago, Chris116 said:

It is spelt Wirtzfield according to last night's programme. 

There’s no second ‘i’

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

There’s no second ‘i’

I know that but autocorrect is stupid and very annoying! 

Don't know why IOW don't get Bowtell back, he did great there last season.

Bin Wood who has let IOW down in recent weeks, missing matches and crying off..

48 minutes ago, HGould said:

Wood was genuinely injured for this meeting. 

10 hours ago, HGould said:

Definitely wrong. Wood got injured at Birmingham, no doubt about it.