British Speedway Forum
idh

Somerset v Newcastle 07/08/19

Teams 

Taken from Rebels WEB Site

SOMERSET: Nick Morris, Anders Rowe, Rory Schlein, Nico Covatti, Chris Harris, Luke Harris, Nathan Stoneman.
NEWCASTLE: Steve Worrall, Ulrich Ostergaard, Lasse Bjerre, Matthew Wethers, Thomas Jorgensen, Max Clegg, Danny Phillips.

In light of Sundays result I can see only one outcome and that is a win for the Rebels because from memory it is a fast open track with

passing possible if somebody doesn't gate.

Lot of pressure on young Anders, a repeat of his score against Glasgow should swing it for the Rebels.

If it wet maybe Rory will not be that keen

26 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

If it wet maybe Rory will not be that keen

It's not!

Looks like a lot of dirt for Mr Schlein, if he dares go there!

Schlein pulled out of heat 3 on third lap when last. Still waiting for rerun of heat 4, crash on first turn, all up ok but that was 15 mins ago.

The first hour was a bit of a disaster. A failing starting gate followed by the necessity of substantial track work after a bad crash in heat 4.

Promotions simply have to make sure that track preparation is undertaken before the meeting rather than during it :rolleyes:  Unnecessary delay will drive people away.

Once it got going, however, this was a very decent meeting with Rowe & Stoneman in particular catching the eye. If those two keep banging in a few points, Rebels could be a real threat come play off time.

• Like 1

Newcastle almost had a good meeting . followed  it on the updates site . thought you were in with a chance . 

It seems the usual response when riders are interviewed re the state of Somerset's track is Its different every week, it obviously was not right again last night and not watered enough as their was dust blowing all over the back straight, its a shame as I used to enjoy my visits, but the last two visits have been totally different, last night it was very processional with very few passes, yet last week against Glasgow the racing was good. Once the ref had asked for more work to be done on the track last night the racing improved. Who is the track curator now at Somerset ?

Guest Loose Diamond
3 hours ago, jenga said:

Newcastle almost had a good meeting . followed  it on the updates site . thought you were in with a chance . 

Lasse Bjerre continues to under perform. His poor score against riders he should be beating lost them a point in the end.

Guest Loose Diamond
22 hours ago, StevePark said:

It's not!

Very dusty conditions. Don't know how much water had been put on. First 3 heats were dusty! Also delay after the start of heat one. Starting gate going up in slow motion. 

8 hours ago, jenga said:

The only points Newcastle will get on the road will be if they get caught speeding.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

Very dusty conditions. Don't know how much water had been put on. First 3 heats were dusty! Also delay after the start of heat one. Starting gate going up in slow motion. 

There was a 45 min torrential downpour at 1:00pm. The A38 outside the stadium looked like a river. I was thinking I've come all this way for nothing. Yet at 6:45pm they were watering the track with the sun shining but some ominous dark clouds threatening all around the stadium. I was surprised how dry it had become by 7:30pm.

4 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Lasse Bjerre continues to under perform. His poor score against riders he should be beating lost them a point in the end.

Lasse blew up his number 1 engine on the stand during the warm-up. In his 2nd ride Rory Schlein put him in the back straight fence though he didn't fall off. In his 3rd he was inadvertently stuffed by Matty who hit a rut on bend 3 and straightened up across the front of him. I've no complaints about Lasse's or any of the diamonds performance. Unfortunately we were 6 points up after heat 6 which allowed the rebels to use a tac sub in place of out of touch Luke Harris. That made the difference between us getting a point (which we deserved) or not. In the bar afterwards, during the rider presentation/speeches, Rory Schlein said "Somerset got out of jail tonight".

Nice new Travel lodge 5 minute walk from the stadium now. (You can see the track from the bedroom windows if you are on the right side).

• Like 5