British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Easy win for Bears but still some great races 

our 3 Heat leaders are flying as is Jordan Stewart , Andersen Riding better than his scores suggest 

Probably the only chance of the championship trophy heading north east bound !! But at least the GEMS won the NJL.. well done Redcar

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Easy win for Bears but still some great races 

our 3 Heat leaders are flying as is Jordan Stewart , Andersen Riding better than his scores suggest 

As above, the Bears are really turning on the gas , a very strong team at the MPA, and non too shabby away either.

Certainly, the best Bears team for some years. UTB !!

• Like 1

Another piss poor performance away from home by the Diamonds. 5+1 from Worrall, not the sort of score a number one should be posting. 

• Like 1

Great racing tonight again from the Bears for another win.

Shout out to Ben Rathbone flying during the second half.

Well done to the Gems on another win. They should get signed up for the first team. ;-)

Pretty routine win in the end - we got a bit lucky with the weather. Certainly interesting watching speedway with lightning going off pretty close by! Thankfully rain stayed away until last couple of races.

Bears heatleaders and Stewart all looked excellent - all seem to be firing at the right time. Though Andersen rode better than his points suggested. Scary to think how good we could be if we had 7 riders!

Jorgensen was good for the Diamonds, and though Worrall rode hard but was just not quick enough for the Bears top 3. Useful points again from Clegg.

• Like 3

We can't gate for love nor money at the moment, for some reason.  Hopefully that will return for Sunday.

17 minutes ago, StevePark said:

We can't gate for love nor money at the moment, for some reason.  Hopefully that will return for Sunday.

I think a lack of confidence is the main reason for poor gating at times with a lot of riders.

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I think a lack of confidence is the main reason for poor gating at times with a lot of riders.

There's definitely a lack of something.

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

There's definitely a lack of something.

Ambition!!! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Newcastle made their fair share of the starts tonight but were soon swallowed up coming out of the 2nd bend.

As a neutral , I risked the trip and the forecast (yet again ) but was rewarded by sharp presentation and a decent meeting. 21 races completed in 1 and a half hours with lightening and rain all around. Congratulations to all concerned in getting the meeting completed.

Not the best racing I've seen at Redcar but the Diamonds didnt put up much of a fight  and when they did gate the Bears top end were simply too good for them. Jorgensen and Østergaard had there moments but Worrell was a pale shadow of his former self and race wins weren't coming easily. Wright, Riss, Palm-Toft and Stewart were class acts and Andersen , despite his lack of points, was in the thick of it.The Bears are a good side but Wooley looks out of his depth which could prove costly come the play off's.

The junior match was rattled through, understandably, but credit where it's due for the club running it at all when other clubs would simply have cancelled it.

Rathbone looks a prospect and the Kids races were excellent.

Looked a good crowd and a great atmosphere around the place but parking was an issue as the main car park was full by 6:45 . Not many Diamonds fans in attendance which was surprising but perhaps the weather forecast put them off as not as many of the Workington fans there as I've seen before.

As Arnie says..." I'll be back ".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

As a neutral , I risked the trip and the forecast (yet again ) but was rewarded by sharp presentation and a decent meeting. 21 races completed in 1 and a half hours with lightening and rain all around. Congratulations to all concerned in getting the meeting completed.

Not the best racing I've seen at Redcar but the Diamonds didnt put up much of a fight  and when they did gate the Bears top end were simply too good for them. Jorgensen and Østergaard had there moments but Worrell was a pale shadow of his former self and race wins weren't coming easily. Wright, Riss, Palm-Toft and Stewart were class acts and Andersen , despite his lack of points, was in the thick of it.The Bears are a good side but Wooley looks out of his depth which could prove costly come the play off's.

The junior match was rattled through, understandably, but credit where it's due for the club running it at all when other clubs would simply have cancelled it.

Rathbone looks a prospect and the Kids races were excellent.

Looked a good crowd and a great atmosphere around the place but parking was an issue as the main car park was full by 6:45 . Not many Diamonds fans in attendance which was surprising but perhaps the weather forecast put them off as not as many of the Workington fans there as I've seen before.

As Arnie says..." I'll be back ".

We pulled into the car park at 6:55 and it was just over 3/4 full.

Guest Loose Diamond
13 hours ago, Speedway4ever said:

Great racing tonight again from the Bears for another win.

Shout out to Ben Rathbone flying during the second half.

Well done to the Gems on another win. They should get signed up for the first team. ;-)

Has Been Rathbone been riding all season for the cubs?

5 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Has Been Rathbone been riding all season for the cubs?

It is bean part of the Heinz 57 variety lol