British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Glasgow Tigers CL 10.08.19.@7-00pm

9 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Tosh, they are running a business, the main jobs should be done by the owners and paid staff..  No business should be run on volunteers, however, turn it into a Trust with no ownership, with theTrust running it, then there is scope for volunteers

Under the previous ownership there was an emailed newsletter why isn’t this the case now ? I might be wrong but I think it was Dick Barrie who composed this

Love him or hate him Mr Barrie is very good at media promotion 

20 minutes ago, Tigeratheart said:

Hi to all the Berwick faithful, honest opinions guys is this meeting going ahead?  See the weather forecast looks iffy. x

No one will offer a comment on here to wether they think it will be on or off due to recent well publicised comments about this forum  

Edited by Tellitasitis

19 minutes ago, Tigeratheart said:

Hi to all the Berwick faithful, honest opinions guys is this meeting going ahead?  See the weather forecast looks iffy. x

We had a lot of rain yesterday and a little more earlier this morning, currently its dry and bright but as you say the forecast is a bit iffy. At the minute there is nothing to say the match wont go ahead.

2 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

No one will offer a comment on here to wether they think it will be on or off due to recent well publicised comments about this forum  

You would think the club would.

2 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

Like the Promotion tells us “ it’s on till it’s off”

44 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Offer to give them a hand then

Why, I along with others are a consumer, a customer, a fan, a supporter, though for the last two you will need to ask our centre green presenter into which category I go. Its up to the club to attract people to Shielfield to see the meeting tonight, looking at the website up to time of writing you would think there is no meeting happening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

Utter drivel. No-one can tell because no-one knows. Quite blatantly it all depends whether the forecast rain arrives, how long it lasts and when it stops. Scunthorpe was called off in line with the forecast and the forecast was wrong. Somerset went ahead despite heavy rain up until around 2pm. Too many variables to be definitive. At the moment hot and sunny.

One piece of team news I think that Alfie Bowtel is in for the injured Leon Flint.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Utter drivel. No-one can tell because no-one knows. Quite blatantly it all depends whether the forecast rain arrives, how long it lasts and when it stops. Scunthorpe was called off in line with the forecast and the forecast was wrong. Somerset went ahead despite heavy rain up until around 2pm. Too many variables to be definitive. At the moment hot and sunny.

That maybe the case but that still doesn’t mean that anyone will state an opinion  on here to wether it’s on or off

*edit someone has so what do I know 

Edited by Tellitasitis

8 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

That maybe the case but that still doesn’t mean that anyone will state an opinion  on here to wether it’s on or off

He didn't state an opinion. In the hours leading up to the Somerset fixture he posted: speedway's off". Which was a lie.

Had he said "in my opinion it's very unlikely to go ahead" that would have been an opinion and no-one would, should or indeed could have taken exception.

If the reaction has made people think twice before publishing lies then that's good for the world in general and this forum in particular - most wouldn't anyway.

I repeat that, in my opinion of course, no-one is saying whether they think it will be on or not because there are too many variables to take into consideration. Maybe they are even taking a responsible approach and will only give an opinion when they have one. I don't believe for one moment that anyone is frightened to offer a sensible opinion. Numpties such as POD might be keeping their little fingers off the keyboards in case they get burnt again.

Edited by George Dodds
spelling mosprutn

2 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

He didn't state an opinion. In the hours leading up to the Somerset fixture he posted: speedway's off". Which was a lie.

Had he said "in my opinion it's very unlikely to go ahead" that would have been an opinion and no-one would, should or indeed could have taken exception.

If the reaction has made people think twice before publishing lies then that's good for the world in general and this forum in particular - most wouldn't anyway.

I repeat that, in my opinion of course, no-one is saying whether they think it will be on or not because there are too many variables to take into consideration. Maybe they are even taking a responsible approach and will only give an opinion when they have one. I don't believe for one moment that anyone is frightened to offer a sensible opinion. Numpties such as POD might be keeping their little fingers off the keyboards in case they get burnt again.

Speedway’s on !!

5 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

I agree about the POD post that was ridiculous and completely un-called for. Personally I will always post weather updates on the day of a meeting, if nothing else to assist those who have a distance to travel, thankfully something I dont really have as I`m five minutes from the track. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, screm said:

We had a lot of rain yesterday and a little more earlier this morning, currently its dry and bright but as you say the forecast is a bit iffy. At the minute there is nothing to say the match wont go ahead.

Thanks screm, appreciate this 

15 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

Speedway’s on !!

Speedway is on for now !!