British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Glasgow Tigers CL 10.08.19.@7-00pm

1 minute ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Never quite understand why in the UK speedway is off because of rain.  Two sets of tyres for wet or dry conditions, and just get on with it

Vision or lack of seems to be used as a reason 

• Haha 1

I and a few others have decided the forecast is to dodgy so we have decided against it, a few beers in town instead.

Bandits Facebook page 2 mins.ago,it is ON.

We have avoided the worst of the weather.

With a picture of Jye on track in shorts & flip-flops.

Edited by Gringo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Bandits Facebook page 2 mins.ago,it is ON.

We have avoided the worst of the weather.

With a picture of Jye on track in shorts & flip-flops.

Good news at the minute

1 hour ago, screm said:

I agree about the POD post that was ridiculous and completely un-called for. Personally I will always post weather updates on the day of a meeting, if nothing else to assist those who have a distance to travel, thankfully something I dont really have as I`m five minutes from the track. 

Our train is just leaving Glasgow Central in 10 mins , so I'll keep an eye on your posts 

15 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Our train is just leaving Glasgow Central in 10 mins , so I'll keep an eye on your posts 

No problem, currently fairly steady drizzle

Met Office forecast for Berwick-upon-Tweed looks promising. After Eastbourne it will be nice to visit a friendly venue whose team will be hard but fair. Be interesting to see how our new Danes do. And please no more injuries for either team. Forecast a win for the bandits but may be we'll be worth a point. 

11 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Met Office forecast for Berwick-upon-Tweed looks promising. After Eastbourne it will be nice to visit a friendly venue whose team will be hard but fair. Be interesting to see how our new Danes do. And please no more injuries for either team. Forecast a win for the bandits but may be we'll be worth a point. 

Thanks to Birmingham picking up points of late Berwick are now bottom of the league, so its top versus bottom tonight. Glasgow must be looking at an away win.

2 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Never quite understand why in the UK speedway is off because of rain.  Two sets of tyres for wet or dry conditions, and just get on with it

can you tell me what type of tyres they would use in dry conditions ?

4 minutes ago, jenga said:

can you tell me what type of tyres they would use in dry conditions ?

We already have the dry ones, wet displacement tyre need to be developed, probably adapting motorcross/ enduro tyres

2 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

We already have the dry ones, wet displacement tyre need to be developed, probably adapting motorcross/ enduro tyres

The tracks are too slick to make any difference Imo.Not enough dirt for grip .IMO.

Just now, balderdash&piffle said:

thanks , but the motocross/enduro tyre would give too much grip and the riders would not be able to turn/slide the bikes . another option in the so called paddle/sand tyre used in other forms of motocross etc . there are 2 problems with the paddle tyre . one is they churn out huge amounts of dirt/sand or shale  as in this case....  the normal size dirt deflector would be inadequate and the riders behind would be filled in very, very quickly . 

whats your thoughts .

Still cloudy  but just about dry. Could I suggest we by pass a parade tonight and get on with racing at 7pm. 

• Like 1

Just now, screm said:

Still cloudy  but just about dry. Could I suggest we by pass a parade tonight and get on with racing at 7pm. 

that will suit Glasgow just fine , no parade . LOL . it is what it was !