British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Glasgow Tigers CL 10.08.19.@7-00pm

34 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

I am not saying that folk should not volunteer, but, if the club is dependent on volunteers, it is not totally viable in the 1st place.  Would it be fair then that volunteers should have much more  input into how it's operated, as it is those volunteers that secure the life of the sport and are propping something that would otherwise be unviable.

I doubt that ANY club in the country is viable in the 1st place without volunteers. I reckon the riders, first aid cover, and the referee are the only people that get paid at practically all tracks. Anybody else might get some travel expenses if they are lucky. Pits staff, track marshalls, etc. are volunteers at every track I know and get free entry at best. Without those guys no meeting, no speedway, end of.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

I am not saying that folk should not volunteer, but, if the club is dependent on volunteers, it is not totally viable in the 1st place.  Would it be fair then that volunteers should have much more  input into how it's operated, as it is those volunteers that secure the life of the sport and are propping something that would otherwise be unviable.

The club was dependent on volunteers to build Berrington so with your argument it was unviable in 1982 

• Like 1

It's because people are committed to the sport continuing in Berwick.  So hats of to something that creates this community spirit,to little of that these days. At least the promotion  make people feel part of something . Good luck tonight lads.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Audiscore said:

It's because people are committed to the sport continuing in Berwick.  So hats of to something that creates this community spirit,to little of that these days. At least the promotion  make people feel part of something . Good luck tonight lads.

Do they really? I would suggest theres never been as many fans feeing alienated from the club. 

22 minutes ago, emilali said:

Do they really? I would suggest theres never been as many fans feeing alienated from the club. 

I would suggest the shoe is on the other foot

24 minutes ago, topsoil said:

I would suggest the shoe is on the other foot

Aye but you still live in the dark ages where you believe ‘if you don't like it don't go’. News flash for you, people have stopped going. Money is hard earned for people and they aren't willing to just pay to watch garbage and a team with no interest in winning. Enjoy your evening, we all know nowt beats live racing at Shielfield for you ;)

Wouldn't you just know it. Currently sitting in a biblical shower 

So that was that, actually thought the track look reasonable especially when you consider the rain we have had yesterday and this morning, then the heavens opened and the track quickly became flooded.

Couple of things, massive thanks to the kind soul who handed my season pass in. I collected it tonight as I entered, once again thanks.

Dont know if it was announced but I found a bank card outside the stadium tonight, it was just as you approached the turnstiles.I handed it into the box who were going to announce it but probably never got the chance, I hope it finds its owner..

1 hour ago, emilali said:

Aye but you still live in the dark ages where you believe ‘if you don't like it don't go’. News flash for you, people have stopped going. Money is hard earned for people and they aren't willing to just pay to watch garbage and a team with no interest in winning. Enjoy your evening, we all know nowt beats live racing at Shielfield for you ;)

I always do. Mind you, I can't remember anybody from the club saying they had no interest in winning? But I'm in the dark ages, so you'll have to bring me up to date.

If ever there was a time you could feel sorry for a promotion then tonight is that time ! Must have been heartbreaking to watch a race ready track turn into a river in less than five minutes  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

The Website is bit of a mess IMO.It doesn’t have last weeks result on the fixtures part.There appears to be nothing about Flint injury or replacement,It might be on the Facebook page though.( I don’t do Facebook or twitter)

Quite agree the website should be the priority not Facebook somebody was saying there was something about Scott's band on Facebook not sure if it was on the speedway page or not as I to don't do Facebook either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bandit59 said:

Quite agree the website should be the priority not Facebook somebody was saying there was something about Scott's band on Facebook not sure if it was on the speedway page or not as I to don't do Facebook either. 

It was on Facebook a big promotion on his  bands new song and how it would be played at shielfield tonight 

Mr Dodds and Mr Barrie spend their time trying to outdo each other in the Dirt Articles weekly ,perhaps someone could pass them some useful information to put on:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Audiscore said:

Most people, if not all, who volunteer do it for love of the club and the sport and are not doing it for any sort of input in to how a club is run very much a community spirit