British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Glasgow Tigers CL 10.08.19.@7-00pm

25 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Quite agree the website should be the priority not Facebook somebody was saying there was something about Scott's band on Facebook not sure if it was on the speedway page or not as I to don't do Facebook either. 

Maybe this is an age thing? I would guess the majority of the younger audience, who the club are trying to attract, use social media like facebook. I must admit, I am on facebook, but very rarely use it, but I know it's a staple of most young people. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topsoil said:

Maybe this is an age thing? I would guess the majority of the younger audience, who the club are trying to attract, use social media like facebook. I must admit, I am on facebook, but very rarely use it, but I know it's a staple of most young people. 

I thought Scott’s Band song was rather good which if it hadn’t have been on Facebook I wouldn’t have heard it

I used to use Facebook but one day got an obscene message from someone I did not know so I reported it to Facebook. They banned me as I had forwarded the message to them and they claimed that ,meant I had sent them an obscene message! They can shove Facebook where the sun doesn't shine as far as I am concerned these days.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gringo said:

I should've gone for a few beers like Gazc.

We were sitting in the beer garden with temperatures of 24 degrees all we needed was a pool and lager louts pi*sing in it and it could easily have been Benidorm.

Correct call it appears.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, topsoil said:

I always do. Mind you, I can't remember anybody from the club saying they had no interest in winning? But I'm in the dark ages, so you'll have to bring me up to date.

What other evidence do you need than to look at the team and most importantly the league table?

11 hours ago, emilali said:

Do they really? I would suggest theres never been as many fans feeing alienated from the club. 

You are an alien right enough 

Edited by penchev

9 hours ago, emilali said:

What other evidence do you need than to look at the team and most importantly the league table?

Yeh it disappointing mate that team is bottom, it never looks good in a table but to be fair to your club they aint played many at home and should be about mid table on that plus and minus home away point dial but it is what it is

1 Leicester 16 8 0 0                
2 Glasgow 12 6 0 0                
3 Somerset 15 6 0 2                
4 Redcar 13 5 0 1                
5 Sheffield 12 6 0 1                
6 Scunthorpe 14 4 1 2                
7 Eastbourne 14 5 0 2                
8 Birmingham 13 4 0 3                
9 Edinburgh 11 4 0 1                
10 Newcastle 11 4 0 2                
11 Berwick 11 3 0 1                

LEAGUE SCORING SYSTEM

3 hours ago, penchev said:

You are an alien right enough 

Lol yet again the sheep doesn't have an opinion of his own (no updates on the website yet telling you what it should be ?) so instead just tries to insult me. Behaviour of someone who's brain never managed to develop past the playground at first school.

10 hours ago, emilali said:

The make up of the team is more to do with funds (or lack of), rather than any lack of ambition. If you don't have the money, you can't spend it. Plus this was basically the same team which missed out on the playoffs by a point last year. As for the league table, let's wait until we've ridden the same number of home meetings as other clubs. 

37 minutes ago, topsoil said:

The make up of the team is more to do with funds (or lack of), rather than any lack of ambition. If you don't have the money, you can't spend it. Plus this was basically the same team which missed out on the playoffs by a point last year. As for the league table, let's wait until we've ridden the same number of home meetings as other clubs. 

To be honest I don't disagree with you that it is largely centred around a lack of funds which is fine. My issue is why are the fans then called out and blamed for not attending? I could understand if the racing was like what Bell Vue get every week so you were entertained no matter what. If that was the case I don't think alot of people would be bothered that they are bottom but surely people cant be blamed for not wanting to watch a poor product as well as a poor team? 

Oh well , that was quite a downpour at 10 to 7 , bend 4 was underwater in no time . The earlier conversation about tyres was irrelevant as it would have needed to be jet skis . 

Never mind , we did a Berwick pub crawl instead , though there are one or two very strange pubs in Berwick 

12 hours ago, topsoil said:

Yes I get that but surely they should also keep people of a certain age up to date as well. 

Just now, Paulco said:

Oh well , that was quite a downpour at 10 to 7 , bend 4 was underwater in no time . The earlier conversation about tyres was irrelevant as it would have needed to be jet skis . 

Never mind , we did a Berwick pub crawl instead , though there are one or two very strange pubs in Berwick 

Is that you just surfaced now? 

3 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Yes I get that but surely they should also keep people of a certain age up to date as well. 

Agree, what is the point of a Website if it does not have the upto date information available.

• Like 1