British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Glasgow Tigers CL 10.08.19.@7-00pm

11 hours ago, Gringo said:

I should've gone for a few beers like Gazc.

Bet you had a few beers when you got home we certainly did. 

17 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Is that you just surfaced now? 

Yep , feeling a tad fragile 

15 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Bet you had a few beers when you got home we certainly did. 

I did.

See you next Saturday,weather permitting.

1 hour ago, emilali said:

To be honest I don't disagree with you that it is largely centred around a lack of funds which is fine. My issue is why are the fans then called out and blamed for not attending? I could understand if the racing was like what Bell Vue get every week so you were entertained no matter what. If that was the case I don't think alot of people would be bothered that they are bottom but surely people cant be blamed for not wanting to watch a poor product as well as a poor team? 

Good enough post mate  Belle Vue and Scunthorpe to me are best 'racing' tracks although lots riders (Kev Doolan has mentioned before I think) dont like latter due to stock car fence behind speedway one? Racing has been poor at tracks I visited in main this season (Redcar ok) and it seems engines have outstripped tracks in UK these days eh?

46 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree, what is the point of a Website if it does not have the upto date information available.

I dont know you Sir or Madam but you generally not happy with your club it seems? Correct me if wrong?   Why not drop email or letter to them to put right the wrongs  They might be looking for a web master and bite your hand off    It could freshen up the web   No doubt as with most clubs it done by an overworked volunteer

2 hours ago, emilali said:

To be honest I don't disagree with you that it is largely centred around a lack of funds which is fine. My issue is why are the fans then called out and blamed for not attending? I could understand if the racing was like what Bell Vue get every week so you were entertained no matter what. If that was the case I don't think alot of people would be bothered that they are bottom but surely people cant be blamed for not wanting to watch a poor product as well as a poor team? 

I too would love the racing to be like what it is at Belle Vue each week. But how you go about getting it to that position is the $64,000 question. You can come up with suggestions like 'alter the track shape', but that simply isn't going to happen. Is it track preparation? That is something I, and I would probably guess 99% of us on here are the same, have no experience of or idea what goes on. On top of this you are dealing with limited funds and very few people willing to get involved and help.  

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

Yes I get that but surely they should also keep people of a certain age up to date as well. 

I don't know who runs the club website, but I would think that if nothing goes on it (I've no idea, I haven't been on it for ages), then that would suggest that whoever was doing it, has either finished, or hasn't got the time to do it anymore. From my limited knowledge of computers, I don't suppose this is a job just anybody can do. Clubs rely on a lot of volunteers and these days getting people to give up their time is hard. It's probably a case of there isn't somebody to do it, rather than the club doesn't want the website updated.

7 hours ago, Paulco said:

Oh well , that was quite a downpour at 10 to 7 , bend 4 was underwater in no time . The earlier conversation about tyres was irrelevant as it would have needed to be jet skis . 

Never mind , we did a Berwick pub crawl instead , though there are one or two very strange pubs in Berwick 

to be fair there are only one or two that aren't!

7 hours ago, topsoil said:

I don't know who runs the club website, but I would think that if nothing goes on it (I've no idea, I haven't been on it for ages), then that would suggest that whoever was doing it, has either finished, or hasn't got the time to do it anymore. From my limited knowledge of computers, I don't suppose this is a job just anybody can do. Clubs rely on a lot of volunteers and these days getting people to give up their time is hard. It's probably a case of there isn't somebody to do it, rather than the club doesn't want the website updated.

The clubs web site is about the only way of getting news to their supporters so you would think they would want to get their message out, certainly previews of meetings which didnt happen for last nights match. The web site was described as patchy yesterday and thats about right, for example there is no on line shop where people can buy merchandise, it was promised on the site last year but as yet is to happen.

10 hours ago, topsoil said:

The make up of the team is more to do with funds (or lack of), rather than any lack of ambition. If you don't have the money, you can't spend it. Plus this was basically the same team which missed out on the playoffs by a point last year. As for the league table, let's wait until we've ridden the same number of home meetings as other clubs. 

The funds that Berwick have to spend mean they find it virtually impossible for them to compete with bigger richer clubs that find money easy to find much the same with sponsorship. For Berwick to get the kind of riders on the kind of money they would want would put the future very much at risk, look at Workington last season, won everything, best team and all credit to them but that success came at a huge price. I would hope there is an ambition at Berwick to compete but we need to have a future and sadly that means to live within our means.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, screm said:

The funds that Berwick have to spend mean they find it virtually impossible for them to compete with bigger richer clubs that find money easy to find much the same with sponsorship. For Berwick to get the kind of riders on the kind of money they would want would put the future very much at risk, look at Workington last season, won everything, best team and all credit to them but that success came at a huge price. I would hope there is an ambition at Berwick to compete but we need to have a future and sadly that means to live within our means.

Agree 100% with this

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, screm said:

The clubs web site is about the only way of getting news to their supporters so you would think they would want to get their message out, certainly previews of meetings which didnt happen for last nights match. The web site was described as patchy yesterday and thats about right, for example there is no on line shop where people can buy merchandise, it was promised on the site last year but as yet is to happen.

I would imagine the club would like to have a top notch website, online shop etc (which could bring in much needed funds, I have seen it done successfully with other clubs) but if you don't have anybody at hand that can do this sort of thing, it could be difficult to get going. Okay, you could pay somebody to do it, but they might think the funds are needed for other things. 

Just now, topsoil said:

I would imagine the club would like to have a top notch website, online shop etc (which could bring in much needed funds, I have seen it done successfully with other clubs) but if you don't have anybody at hand that can do this sort of thing, it could be difficult to get going. Okay, you could pay somebody to do it, but they might think the funds are needed for other things. 

Accept what you say but in the case of an on line shop the end justifies the means as people can go shop for their Berwick hats, jackets etc any day of the week and not just a Saturday night, in fact they would never need to attend a meeting ever.

13 minutes ago, screm said:

Accept what you say but in the case of an on line shop the end justifies the means as people can go shop for their Berwick hats, jackets etc any day of the week and not just a Saturday night, in fact they would never need to attend a meeting ever.

They used to have an online shop a few seasons ago. They did have some decent stuff when A J SCOTT were team sponsors. 

• Like 1