British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Glasgow Tigers CL 10.08.19.@7-00pm

4 hours ago, screm said:

Accept what you say but in the case of an on line shop the end justifies the means as people can go shop for their Berwick hats, jackets etc any day of the week and not just a Saturday night, in fact they would never need to attend a meeting ever.

No they can’t. The track shop doesn’t have any coats or caps this year. One of the worst stocked track shops I’ve seen 

Edited by Shadders

7 hours ago, Shadders said:

No they can’t. The track shop doesn’t have any coats or caps this year. One of the worst stocked track shops I’ve seen 

I've always quite liked the team jackets and I'm surprised they don't sell at the track shop. Looks like the track shop is as about as good as the web site.

On 8/10/2019 at 9:20 PM, topsoil said:

Maybe this is an age thing? I would guess the majority of the younger audience, who the club are trying to attract, use social media like facebook. I must admit, I am on facebook, but very rarely use it, but I know it's a staple of most young people. 

Most youngsters I know use Instagram and snapchat,  Facebook has become an oldies format, but by using Facebook you are only preaching to those who have befriended you on Facebook.  How does Facebook reach the out to the public at large in this scenario

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Shadders said:

Perhaps its poor due to folk not buying anything in previous years?

49 minutes ago, penchev said:

Maybe they could take orders for merchandise with a deposit to ensure the fan collects ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

Maybe they could take orders for merchandise with a deposit to ensure the fan collects ?

Great idea 

1 hour ago, penchev said:

Maybe very recently. Probably more to do with them not wanting to heavily invest in expensive jackets they may be stuck with at the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Most youngsters I know use Instagram and snapchat,  Facebook has become an oldies format, but by using Facebook you are only preaching to those who have befriended you on Facebook.  How does Facebook reach the out to the public at large in this scenario

I very rarely use facebook, I've never used Instagram or snapchat. I bow to your greater knowledge of social media.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, topsoil said:

I very rarely use facebook, I've never used Instagram or snapchat. I bow to your greater knowledge of social media.

They all have a place in promoting a business, but by no means are they individually the only way.  If I have a new product, I use Facebook in the knowledge it is only going to my friends on Facebook in the hope they will also share with their friends.  It has had a modicum of success,  word of mouth when you are a local business is the most successful, especially if you provide a service.