British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle vs Redcar 11/08/19 SGB Championship 6.30pm

With the meeting being off, if anyone is looking for something else to do, I can recommend that 'extreme circus' at the town moor, showings at 2 and 5 PM. Plus it gives you a chance to see some nutters on motorbikes :t:

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

With the meeting being off, if anyone is looking for something else to do, I can recommend that 'extreme circus' at the town moor, showings at 2 and 5 PM. Plus it gives you a chance to see some nutters on motorbikes :t:

Don't forget your wellies.

14 hours ago, Tsunami said:

No idea Steve, but he's been riding for most of this season around the tracks. He would need a licence to ride against others on the track. No licence and he would be riding on his own. I believe he was excluded from a place in the BYC earlier in the year.

He holds a Polish passport and due to Speedways ridiculous rules, even though he lives in England, is educated in England and holds a British speedway licence, he can't ' race ' in England's junior league.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Don't forget your wellies.

Yes, for walking from the carpark, there is quite a bit like decking and walkways there. It might be handy to have a 4x4 or a mate with a tractor to help you out the carpark tho.

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yes, for walking from the carpark, there is quite a bit like decking and walkways there. It might be handy to have a 4x4 or a mate with a tractor to help you out the carpark tho.

Yes.

I've been to "The Hoppings" in flaming June in years gone by.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Would it not be easier just to take your wife along to a meeting or two ?.

NO :nono:

• Haha 1

Thanks Redcar for bringing in David Wallinger and shafting is down at Plymouth who are also a Friday track big brother stamping there feet getting what they want and sod everyone else I used to like Redcar as a team as I always like the underdog but after what you’ve done to us forget that absolutely appalled at your actions mr duffil and mr mudgway and I hope you win nothing as for Wallinger your loyalty is pathetic 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Thanks Redcar for bringing in David Wallinger and shafting is down at Plymouth who are also a Friday track big brother stamping there feet getting what they want and sod everyone else I used to like Redcar as a team as I always like the underdog but after what you’ve done to us forget that absolutely appalled at your actions mr duffil and mr mudgway and I hope you win nothing as for Wallinger your loyalty is pathetic 

Wallinger has signed ?

2 minutes ago, SuperBear said:

Wallinger has signed ?

You must be second last to no after our very disappointed promoter who found out this morning and let his fans no,going on what it seems your promoters done I’ll be surprised if the released rider knows yet I’m fuming bloody fuming.

43 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

You must be second last to no after our very disappointed promoter who found out this morning and let his fans no,going on what it seems your promoters done I’ll be surprised if the released rider knows yet I’m fuming bloody fuming.

Wallinger is in and out of teams it's hard to keep up where he's at.

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

You appear to be very lacking in any understanding of the situation here and acting very childishly.

If this move has gone through then it should be of no surprise to anyone.

Wallinger has always stated his desire to be a ' Bear ' as its his local club and he first started at Redcar as a ' Cub '. When first approached this season he was unable to sign as he as injured and the move was put on ice and Redcar looked elsewhere.

Having been harshly treated by Scunthorpe last season and Birmingham this he understandably wants to ride where he trusts the management and has always got on with the current Redcar regime . Given his residence is less than an hour from Redcar and it's his ' dream move ' why would he turn the move down? and why do you believe they have done anything underhand?

Having had personal dealing's ( over sponsorship) with the promotion at Redcar ,who have been criticised for their naivety and honesty at times , I don't think they will have done anything to change that.You are just upset at a rider leaving to try and better himself, good luck to the lad as this may be his last chance.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
Clarity

So your happy to put another death nail in the development league then,we gave him a second chance after he backed out of a deal at the beginning of the season put yourself in Plymouth’s shoes how would you feel if they thought he was going to sign for Redcar do you honestly believe they would offer him a contract of course they wouldn’t get real I hope his dream move as you say works out for him,but sadly I don’t think it will.

3 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

So your happy to put another death nail in the development league then,we gave him a second chance after he backed out of a deal at the beginning of the season put yourself in Plymouth’s shoes how would you feel if they thought he was going to sign for Redcar do you honestly believe they would offer him a contract of course they wouldn’t get real I hope his dream move as you say works out for him,but sadly I don’t think it will.

If this move has gone ahead, and there's only you saying it has, how  is it a nail in the development league? 

Its a rider from the lowest league moving to a higher league, isn't that what's supposed to happen?

10 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Plymouth would have changed Wallinger in an instant if they could have found someone else who could be arsed to drive down the M5.   

No loyalty from most clubs towards riders these days that’s been shown across all 3 leagues so don’t expect any in return   

Edited by The H Man
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, The H Man said:

Plymouth would have changed Wallinger in an instant if they could have found someone else who could be arsed to drive down the M5.   

No loyalty from most clubs towards riders these days that’s been shown across all 3 leagues so don’t expect any in return

Dam right there. 

When you have been involved in helping a rider / riders out with support and financial backing and they get signed into a team and they / you hope this is the one for them after giving up their committments then be fed Bullshtein and dropped it makes you no longer trust anyone in Speedway management, but like they say Karma will pop up.

Edited by Speedway4ever
  • Like 1