British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle vs Redcar 11/08/19 SGB Championship 6.30pm

I shouldn’t be surprised really look how well they looked after Ben Barker when he was having Some off track issues they rewarded him with the boot and he was travelling up from Cornwall every week your right about karma he’s flourishing at Scunthorpe and please tell me where are Plymouth going to get a replacement.

• Haha 1

You have no idea regarding BB leaving Redcar , the club had given help beyond what they needed to. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I shouldn’t be surprised really look how well they looked after Ben Barker when he was having Some off track issues they rewarded him with the boot and he was travelling up from Cornwall every week your right about karma he’s flourishing at Scunthorpe and please tell me where are Plymouth going to get a replacement.

Totally different situation with Ben like Norfolk Bear says. He was and is still liked by the Redcar fans, but that was a different situation the management were put under. If they didn't think anything of him they wouldn't of kept him as long as they did.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Your getting very upset over a Championship 2 pt man.Probably costing him to ride at Plymouth, can’t blame him for going local.

• Like 1

Mike0310:

I second what Norfolk Bear said, whatever you may feel about the Wallinger situation, what happened between Redcar and BB has no comparison whatsoever - like NB said , Redcar went above and beyond to help him

Edited by erimus11
spelling mistake
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Redcar kept him longer than most clubs would have and he obviously got paid good money to travel from Cornwall.

Replacing a purchased rider is not a ' buying ' clubs issue.

It's a development league, try developing one !

• Like 3

So no suggestions where we might  find a replacement from if we get battered every week our crowds go down revenue goes down but don’t you go worrying about it as long as you get your man,I hope your season goes well and your happy with what you’ve done to a club which is already struggling and who knows if they will be running next year.

4 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

So no suggestions where we might  find a replacement from if we get battered every week our crowds go down revenue goes down but don’t you go worrying about it as long as you get your man,I hope your season goes well and your happy with what you’ve done to a club which is already struggling and who knows if they will be running next year.

Every club do it to themselves. This year's Speedway has been like a Merry Go Round with Riders hopping on and off all over.

And 1 rider dosn't make a club it's a team effort remember.

Edited by Speedway4ever
  • Like 1

How about Tom Woolley - he was offered a place at Plymouth at the same time we offered him a Championship place.

• Like 3

Can I just point out along with other folk that if this in fact is the case (and only you seem to be aware of it) David Wallinger is currently 5th in Plymouth's averages and as such cannot be the sole reason for Plymouth's impending (as you would have it) demise. To blame the Redcar promotion is desperation personified. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I'm assuming your not very old as your acting like an upset child.

This happens all the time in every sport. You have had Wallinger a couple of matches ? Now he's gone, move on.

28 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Grow up man!

As Boothers has already pointed out, Wallinger is 5th in your averages, hardly setting the place alight and certainly not enough to stop your supporters from turning up once he's gone.

There are riders out there if you're prepared to go looking for them. To suggest that the Bears will be responsible if you club isn't running next season, well, how many millions of times have I told you not to exaggerate! :rolleyes:

Edited by erimus11
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Thanks Redcar for bringing in David Wallinger and shafting is down at Plymouth who are also a Friday track big brother stamping there feet getting what they want and sod everyone else I used to like Redcar as a team as I always like the underdog but after what you’ve done to us forget that absolutely appalled at your actions mr duffil and mr mudgway and I hope you win nothing as for Wallinger your loyalty is pathetic 

So I guess by your comments wolley has been dropped for wallinger,,, I knew they were going to let Tom go but for whoever I wasn't sure

And now from this week Wallingers average has dropped to 4.75 we all no he’s better than that and your not going to get a guest who would be as good as him for that, if he would be riding for Plymouth every meeting until the next set of averages came out I reckon his average would be 6 plus,I get what everyone is saying and my frustrations have probably got the better of me and I’m sorry everybody for that but it really has left my team in the lurch.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

And now from this week Wallingers average has dropped to 4.75 we all no he’s better than that and your not going to get a guest who would be as good as him for that, if he would be riding for Plymouth every meeting until the next set of averages came out I reckon his average would be 6 plus,I get what everyone is saying and my frustrations have probably got the better of me and I’m sorry everybody for that but it really has left my team in the lurch.

You could have Jacob Bukhave on a 4.00 average, but the dinosaurs running the sport would have to look at their tablets to see what the rules are then say "Oh he's a Dane we'll have to have a think and decide"

Crackpot rules for what is becoming a crackpot sport run by crackpots.

• Haha 1