British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle vs Redcar 11/08/19 SGB Championship 6.30pm

4 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Thanks Redcar for bringing in David Wallinger and shafting is down at Plymouth who are also a Friday track big brother stamping there feet getting what they want and sod everyone else I used to like Redcar as a team as I always like the underdog but after what you’ve done to us forget that absolutely appalled at your actions mr duffil and mr mudgway and I hope you win nothing as for Wallinger your loyalty is pathetic 

Is this official then that Redcar have brought Wallinger in?

2 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

No, only what this one person is saying, nothing from either club.

There's a couple of discerning posts on the Plymouth forum especially from their promoter Mark Phillips

"I do not know if brian has told you already but Redcar has just rung me and they have signed DAVID Wallinger for their championship team . They race on fridays ! Gutted is an understatement ! 
That is one of the problems of being in the National league."

I'd add the website link but I'm crap at that sort of thing, give it a try anyway!

http://plymouthdevils.proboards.com/thread/9983/major-blow-plymouth

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Speedway4ever said:

You could have Jacob Bukhave on a 4.00 average, but the dinosaurs running the sport would have to look at their tablets to see what the rules are then say "Oh he's a Dane we'll have to have a think and decide"

Crackpot rules for what is becoming a crackpot sport run by crackpots.

Yes completely true.

1 hour ago, erimus11 said:

There's a couple of discerning posts on the Plymouth forum especially from their promoter Mark Phillips

"I do not know if brian has told you already but Redcar has just rung me and they have signed DAVID Wallinger for their championship team . They race on fridays ! Gutted is an understatement ! 
That is one of the problems of being in the National league."

I'd add the website link but I'm crap at that sort of thing, give it a try anyway!

http://plymouthdevils.proboards.com/thread/9983/major-blow-plymouth

If it's a ' Forum ' it can't be classed as official or even reliable ( although I believe it will turn out to be true before the transfer deadline ) as 70% of what appears on forums is speculation, gossip, or just down right lies.

Just look on here!

9 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Yes but this one was posted by the promoter himself so you can take it as a given.

You've never known a promoter lie???

REALLY!?!?!?

( sorry, couldn't resist that. The Plymouth promoter may not be like the BSPA committee )

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
Clarity

5 hours ago, Speedway4ever said:

Wallinger is in and out of teams it's hard to keep up where he's at.

Not his fault tho as averages dictate

3 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Not his fault tho as averages dictate

Not all the time though. If your team is good enough you shouldn't have to be chopping and changing.

3 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

Not all the time though. If your team is good enough you shouldn't have to be chopping and changing.

Agree totally but correct me if I'm wrong ( Redcar have points to play with so it's probably cheaper to put wallinger in as he's based in Thirsk than wooley who's from Cumbria ) & Dave will get them more points than Tom will ,,

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Agree totally but correct me if I'm wrong ( Redcar have points to play with so it's probably cheaper to put wallinger in as he's based in Thirsk than wooley who's from Cumbria ) & Dave will get them more points than Tom will ,,

No they don't. Points limit is 40. Redcar team total is 40.72, so they can only replace like for like. Tom Woolley and david Wallinger are both on a 2.00

3 minutes ago, leander said:

No they don't. Points limit is 40. Redcar team total is 40.72, so they can only replace like for like. Tom Woolley and david Wallinger are both on a 2.00

Point taken but wallinger is a better rider my opinion 

18 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Point taken but wallinger is a better rider my opinion 

Don't deny that.

On 8/11/2019 at 8:10 PM, pienpeesman said:

Think Tom is based more midlands”ish” since he works at  joe Hughes in derby ..