British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle vs Redcar 11/08/19 SGB Championship 6.30pm

On 8/13/2019 at 11:22 AM, bigred said:

Think Tom is based more midlands”ish” since he works at  joe Hughes in derby ..

So there's the Buxton connection then,,

On 8/11/2019 at 4:03 PM, Mike0310 said:

So no suggestions where we might  find a replacement from if we get battered every week our crowds go down revenue goes down but don’t you go worrying about it as long as you get your man,I hope your season goes well and your happy with what you’ve done to a club which is already struggling and who knows if they will be running next year.

Care to comment on the recent news that Plymouth have "released"  Mr Wallinger? Have you managed to get a replacement ( course you have, in fact you have 2 new riders!) are your crowds and revenue going to suffer?

As Redcar didn't get "our man" as you put it, what's you take on this news, apparently, Wallinger was finding the journey difficult - just a pity its a day after the transfer deadline for the championship, putting him out of a job :oops:

I don’t agree with it if I’m honest, it’s not nice to see anyone out of a job but remember he was going to leave us up the creek wasn’t he,but you could tell after last week his heart wasn’t in it,he has been replaced by a bloke who hasn’t riden in a team in 7 years and our captains brother at reserve not really strengthened have we reshuffled would be how I put it.

Any rider being dropped before deadline day should be announced in plenty time say 3/4 days so they might get the chance of another team spot rather than finding out on the day or the day before and then it’s too late 

2 hours ago, erimus11 said:

Care to comment on the recent news that Plymouth have "released"  Mr Wallinger? Have you managed to get a replacement ( course you have, in fact you have 2 new riders!) are your crowds and revenue going to suffer?

As Redcar didn't get "our man" as you put it, what's you take on this news, apparently, Wallinger was finding the journey difficult - just a pity its a day after the transfer deadline for the championship, putting him out of a job :oops:

Did he not look at a map before signing?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Did he not look at a map before signing?

Going round a roundabout would tax him! 

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Home meetings 6 hr drive and over 300 miles one way on a Friday,god knows what David Wallinger was thinking 

Aye he couldn't have made any money out of that 

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Home meetings 6 hr drive and over 300 miles one way on a Friday,god knows what David Wallinger was thinking 

Maybe he wasn't.

7 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Aye he couldn't have made any money out of that 

It's not always about making money ;)

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe he wasn't.

It's not always about making money ;)

David has Now signed for Kent 

15 hours ago, erimus11 said:

That’s a lot closer to home then signing for Kent!!! Care to comment as you said he can’t sign for another club well he has hasn’t he.

9 hours ago, mac101 said:

David has Now signed for Kent 

Maybe he likes days out, or two,,, or time away from home having little mini breaks ?

Anyways, it's good to see the lad get fixed up after being shafted from the club he tried to shaft. There seems to be an awful lot of selfishness, shrouded within in the sport !

Edited by ruffdiamond

58 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe he likes days out, or two,,, or time away from home having little mini breaks ?

Anyways, it's good to see the lad get fixed up after being shafted from the club he tried to shaft. There seems to be an awful lot of selfishness, shrouded within in the sport !

I do not think it is just in sport selfishness as it is in general now, Especially  on roads where it is me, me,me and I have to be their first and let’s cut everyone up from outside lane to the slip road.