British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, screm said:

Edward Kennett out of today's meeting due to injury.

Just out of interest has Kennett ever ridden in this event

20 quid for this crap. Assume the riders aren't earning any money looking at the effort they're putting in.

Another meeting that wants putting out of its misery.

• Like 1

Now on an early interval due to extensive track work as the riders are moaning. Another place on the growing list of tracks I'm never visiting again.

Absolutely dead in the water the sport in this country.

Cookie has Not touched the bike in between races or changed bike.

Defo something going on.

He is now putting bikes away so should not be riding tomorrow

Nicholls should be banned for 2 weeks also for no show

• Like 1

Was seriously thinking of going to this... Then remembered it's a shadow of what it used to be, glad I gave it a miss by the sound of things

Edited by iainb

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Was seriously thinking of going to this... Then remembered it's a shadow of what it used to be, glad I gave it a miss by the sound of thing

Good decision. I'm watching ZG v Wroclaw on my phone to remind myself that speedway doesn't have to be as crap as it is in the UK.

• Like 2

Sad to read the updates, it wasn't so long ago that being the riders champion was really something worth winning. Now some riders cant be bothered to be there in fact some riders cant be bothered even turning up.

2 hours ago, screm said:

Scott Nicholls has now pulled out, dont know why.

Back injury, apparently

15 minutes ago, iainb said:

Was seriously thinking of going to this... Then remembered it's a shadow of what it used to be, glad I gave it a miss by the sound of things

You and me both. I saw a decent meeting at Eastbourne last night, so i didn't want to push my luck.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, iainb said:

It could and should be a fantastic meeting. Even with the withdrawals, that's still a terrific line up.

Part of the problem is that they have had to have 'extensive track work' after heat 8. That's simply not good enough.