British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, StevePark said:

craigcook111

Riding for the stars tonight, hopefully we’ve figured out the bike problems after a very frustrating evening last night

I see taking libertys shall we say !

14 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Appeal it will be heard 1st november after craigs !

It was mentioned yesterday that the necessary people were at Sheffield to hear Cook`s appeal, so far we`ve heard nothing so maybe it didn't take place after all.

1 hour ago, screm said:

It was mentioned yesterday that the necessary people were at Sheffield to hear Cook`s appeal, so far we`ve heard nothing so maybe it didn't take place after all.

Wont they want him to grovel and go to speedway bureau towers.   cant see them going to him especially on a Sunday

Edited by Dornier fixer

2 minutes ago, Dornier fixer said:

Wont they want him to grovel and go to speedway bureau towers.   cant see them going to him 

Would you want to pay for legal representation on a Sunday !!

I did not go yesterday due to feeling unwell.

In the past I would have made to the effort to go, but the track as been the best this season and at £20 a throw I want to see some decent racing and too be honest I was not confident.

Looks like I made the right decision judging from what people are saying.

The stadium does have some wonderful facilities but not for the speedway fans and with limited viewing 3rd and 4th bend and the home straight only, if you lucky enough to get a bumper crowd spectating would be very uncomfortable.

The taking in food issue is solely down to stadium owners not the Promotion, its stadium owners security guards who are instructed to check bags and not allow food for the meeting, they are far more relaxed for league meetings.

For me if the sport builds stadium that bill as the National Stadium then any big meetings like this should take place there.

The Belle Vue has the stadia and the track to produce great racing and has the capacity to accommodate large crowds and is as central and as easy for fans to get as any other track.

So for me the event has to move to Manchester.          

• Like 3

Can we congratulate Erik Riss on his win. Thread Seems to have turned into a Craig Cook one.

• Like 5

I would be much more likely to go to Belle Vue for the riders' championship next year than Sheffield and I live 3 miles away from Owlerton.

56 minutes ago, bendover said:

Would you want to pay for legal representation on a Sunday !!

Where have I said they should do him on a Sunday ?

10 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I thought all stadium were very much the same - no food or drink policy. Make you buy from the stadium - no matter who owns or rents it- thats the business side of it.  Now the safety side - If food and drinks were allowed I would think there would be more bags to search (security in this modern age and security searches cost money), and especially drinks in glass bottles or glass drinking receptacles are considered a potentially dangerous weapon ie broken glass can cut throats. Sounds crazy but we live in that society now and speedway fans are not immune from it.

I can remember our visits to Cardiff in 2013-14-15, certainly the last 2 years it was full bag search. And recently I been to a city centre venue for a 3 day convention, and it was full bag search every day as you enter, and if you go out at lunch time and come back carrying a bag again it was full bag search. These were security checks, we had a concession re food/drink. but the bag search was checking for any sort og glass as well.

Its all a pain, but thats the world we live in at this moment.  If at an event where anything could be brought in without security and something bad did happen the cry would be "where was the security checks, security checks would have stopped them".

I predict on the Sunday after the GP people will be moaning about bag searches at Cardiff.

They take no notice of the Please don't big a bag other than a small handbag type pleas.

Then moan about the searches and time taken to get through them.

I've been to many big events over the years and the amount of people of every sex who feel the need to take a rucksack that a Royal Marine would struggle to carry and then moan about being stopped searched and delayed is phenomonal

Back to the thread....has any 2nd Division/National League/Premier League/Championship League team ever held both the British Champion and the League Riders champion at the same time? And both being different riders? Unprecedented as far as I'm concerned and a testament to what Jitendra and Jade have done at Redcar this year.  Have always been proud to be a Bears fan (even in the darkest days) but now I can hold my head high and hold my chin up. UTB!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tigerowl said:

Every time I've been this season, the racing has been woeful. It's not about the times, is it? It's about riders having the confidence to race on it and entertain us.

It's been like that for the last 2 years (at least), the thing about the race times is the fact that at least one rider has the confidence to get going. Perhaps it's the fact that it is a 'fast' track and has become "gate and go" as the rider at the front blats on and the other three haven't got the speed to catch them, never mind pass them. That's why I was asking.

The thing about yesterday is you've got (supposedly) the best 16 riders in the league, so you should theoretically have the best chance of close racing (which did happen in the last few races). But again if all the riders have the top equipment it equals them up and again the first man out of the gate can wind it on and as long as they keep a good line none of the others will be able to pass them. As with Riss in the final, King passed the other 2 but couldn't get near him.

By all means take this to the NSS (sounds like they'll have to if they want a paying audience) it should even it out, but with riders doubling up they'll still be somebody with home track advantage. 

Edited by Steve55
missed making a point about the final

1 hour ago, Dornier fixer said:

Where have I said they should do him on a Sunday ?

Apologies, meant to quote the previous  post from Screm that mentioned members of the BSPA been present to hold the appeal on Sunday. 

20 minutes ago, bendover said:

Apologies, meant to quote the previous  post from Screm that mentioned members of the BSPA been present to hold the appeal on Sunday. 

Accepted

7 hours ago, acef said:

Redcar is too far north mate, I would think the crowd will be impacted. That's why they have stuck with Sheffield for so long.

It makes perfect sense to move it to the NSS. Its central and it's the best track in the uk, with great facilities to boot. No brainer.

The reason they wont is down to money share I would say. The promotion of the track staging it will get a chunk I would think so if you put to many meetings at the NSS a number of the dinosaurs will see there arse.

It should be run and funded entirely by the sports governing body then we can actually make use of a 'national stadium' because the promotions wont be on any coin.

Too far north?

That surely depends where you reside?

The other thing to consider is who travels to these meetings? . Glasgow and Berwick always send bus loads, Redcar have a large travelling support but perhaps you just meant it was too far north for you?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Too far north?

That surely depends where you reside?

The other thing to consider is who travels to these meetings? . Glasgow and Berwick always send bus loads, Redcar have a large travelling support but perhaps you just meant it was too far north for you?

No, I mean geographically. Manchester is as  close as you will get to bang in the centre as far as speedway teams go.

Whilst it will effect different people depending on their own location you really should be taking a view with every team in mind, and when you do that, manchester is bang on the money.