British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I saw this meme on Twitter, thought it quite nicely sums up British Speedway

EDZ_6I9XsAE7d8T.jpg

The budget didn't stretch, either, to meeting-specific race jackets (though I see the British Final managed some). The mostly bodged 1-18 numbers attached to the rear of the individual team kevlars on display at Owlerton were laughable. They screamed 'small time'.

• Like 1

Nothing smacks of professionalism any more in UK speedway, except Speedway Star and Jeff Davies

1 hour ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

The budget didn't stretch, either, to meeting-specific race jackets (though I see the British Final managed some). The mostly bodged 1-18 numbers attached to the rear of the individual team kevlars on display at Owlerton were laughable. They screamed 'small time'.

It never does.  I seriously can't remember the PLRC having proper race jackets - ever.

4 minutes ago, StevePark said:

It never does.  I seriously can't remember the PLRC having proper race jackets - ever.

Me either - and i always  saw it as a club representation thing anyway as much as the rider.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

the old super7's that J Chapman brought in were as close as you'll get

Why not have a festival of speedway at the NSS  next season over August BH weekend

NLRC Friday 

CLRC Saturday

PLRC Sunday

• Like 2

Where was the entertainment also on sunday.just a few rider interviews that you either can,t hear or can,t be bothered to listen also the Tigers mascot firing Sheffield related merchandise at visiting supporters.really poor and yes that podium is dog and owner related.apart from the trophy what was the prize for winning the meeting?

3 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Why not have a festival of speedway at the NSS  next season over August BH weekend

NLRC Friday 

CLRC Saturday

PLRC Sunday

Have a care. You can't expect Ellis Perks to ride in 3 major championships on consecutive days :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

NLRC Friday 

CLRC Saturday

PLRC Sunday

And have half the riders pulling out because they are in Poland.....

20 minutes ago, StevePark said:

The way the sport is promoted in this country  i doubt if there will be many riders of the calibre of the Polish league riding here soon

Probably in their eyes more cost effective to be owed £2-3K per meeting by your Polish club than £500-£750 by your British one

13 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

NLRC Friday 

CLRC Saturday

PLRC Sunday

Sunday will just be a rerun of Saturday then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Or injure their backs while talking :D

• Like 1