British Speedway Forum

49 minutes ago, acef said:

No, I mean geographically. Manchester is as  close as you will get to bang in the centre as far as speedway teams go.

Whilst it will effect different people depending on their own location you really should be taking a view with every team in mind, and when you do that, manchester is bang on the money.

Not sure how long since you looked at a map but Birmingham is more central as Manchester is still in the North. 

8 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Not sure how long since you looked at a map but Birmingham is more central as Manchester is still in the North. 

I  suppose it depends on whether you live in Eastbourne or Glasgow. ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Craig riding for KL tonight.

You sure about that?

29 minutes ago, iainb said:

You sure about that?

Retired, 3, withdrawn (reason unclear)

The event used to be the highlight of the Premier League season - how times have changed. 

Only went once , in 1999. Wilson won it, Olsen second and Wato third. Stoney was last in the final and had a strop.

no idea what it is like now but back then was a great stadium and great atmosphere with flat out racing on a superb track.

people just need to accept the sport is in a rapid decline in the UK , and i dont ever see it getting back to what it was .

Move it to Scunthorpe and you'll get an amazing meeting

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

You have a funny map . 

Manchester is more central (remember there are teams in Scotland).

But the most central is probably Stoke - the perfect venue for major shared events????

21 hours ago, arnieg said:

Not true in general.

I travel widely and there are very few places where I have problems. I took a tuna fish sandwich, fruit & tomatoes (both home grown), a cereal bar and fizzy pop into Sheffield without problems for the NL pairs.

The only place where I get a regular thorough bag check is Kent and they allow food in. 

The only places I see a problem with are Birminghan (although they don't do bag searches and I have never been challenged sitting in the grandstand eating my subway branded sarnie.) and Belle Vue (even that is improving, fruit and a bottle of pop usually pass thru security without comment). [I believe King's Lynn is also problematical, but I don't go there often enough to pass comment on their practices.]

at the end of the day its the old dave allen syndrome again.he doesn't, give two flying f...s about speedway.he is just out to line his own pockets so that's why food and drink are not allowed in so that you have to use his facilities.for christ, s sake its hard enough trying to find the admission money let alone then being ripped off for,as you say, the tasteless, bland rubbishe that is served up in the cafeteria.do they think that by putting chips etc into a round cardboard container is going to make them taste any better.wrong.still the same old rubbish dressed up.it is never going to alter either because the speedway side of things have no say in the matter.eastbourne on saturday night however was like a breath of fresh air.they have their own catering block where the food was greater burger van where again the food was greater big van full of choices,sweets,candy floss etc for the kids plus drinks and is all run very professionally.plus after races the riders come round and do high fives with the kids etc on the way back round to the pits.good atmosphere and good set up.

1 hour ago, Moranboys said:

at the end of the day its the old dave allen syndrome again.he doesn't, give two flying f...s about speedway.

This will be the same Dave Allen, I imagine, who doesn't give two flying f**** about Chesterfield Football Club. Look where they are now. Vote with your feet (as so many have done/are doing). It's the only language the likes of Allen understands.

The Allen philosophy: “I only went in (to Chesterfield FC) to invest money; my ambition was to get into the Championship and flog it."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/02/chesterfield-relegation-from-football-league

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

57 minutes ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

This will be the same Dave Allen, I imagine, who doesn't give two flying f**** about Chesterfield Football Club. Look where they are now. Vote with your feet (as so many have done/are doing). It's the only language the likes of Allen understands.

The Allen philosophy: “I only went in (to Chesterfield FC) to invest money; my ambition was to get into the Championship and flog it."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/02/chesterfield-relegation-from-football-league

well put

On 9/2/2019 at 9:02 AM, geoff100 said:

On bspa site it says he wasnt well with an illness guess we will never know , but if its personel who are we to judge .

Quite possible, but I've been to other meetings where he's been ill and my perception is that he does suffer a lot with illness compared to other riders.  The Wright drop out was obviously mandatory following concussion and Nicholls also has a mandatory ban for a non-speedway related injury.  Really disappointing for the fans when these things happen as we all have conspiracy theories which may or may not be true but it's always the fans that are the losers. 

I saw this meme on Twitter, thought it quite nicely sums up British Speedway

EDZ_6I9XsAE7d8T.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Trees said:

That's pretty bloody poor tbh!!

it does look suspiciously dog and owner shaped doesn't it

• Haha 1