British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Mildenhall v IOW Sun 11th aug

IOW bring in Danyon Hume in place of injured George Wood...And R/R for Danno Verge this will be a  tough task for the IOW having all ready lost at home heavily to Mildenhall last thursday..

Edited by waco

Mildenhall win 50-40 despite loosing Ayres after heat one ,,Wood also proved a big loss to the IOW,,,,so those two cancelled one another  out,,,,,,,,best wishes to Danny Ayres hope it's not a fracture...Very impressed with young Connor Kings performance,only the other day I was saying to him to give it more throttle of the start,,and wow two wins in his brilliant 11 score being the main back up to Ben Morley 15  from 7 rides..Guest Stoneman and Brooks the top. Men for Mildenhall who had too much all round for the IOW...Long meeting with loads of falls on a track that is often ruined by the stock car racing.....though I'm not sure if that was the case today....

Edited by waco

With the meeting having finished over two hours ago the BSPA still don't have the result!

Edited by Chris116

Danny Ayres has a snapped tibula, really bad luck for the boy. Good result for the Fen Tigers, on a bit of a run at the moment but Ayres injury is going to hamper them.

• Sad 1

Desperately unlucky for Danny  a serious injury through no fault of his own...He will be sorely missed by all who love to be entertained by him fot the rest of this season most likely...Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery Danny...

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Chris116 said:

With the meeting having finished over two hours ago the BSPA still don't have the result!

Follow my Twitter instead ;)

Seriously though, best wishes to Danny and so unfortunate after having such an excellent season!

Surely milfenhall would have signed Bowtell a proven number one as opposed to Kingsley who struggled at one last year? I like Ryan. But any replacement for Ayres other than wood/mountain at nl level weakens them 

27 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Surely milfenhall would have signed Bowtell a proven number one as opposed to Kingsley who struggled at one last year? I like Ryan. But any replacement for Ayres other than wood/mountain at nl level weakens them 

In all fairness to Ryan who i never used to really rate (and thought was a poor signing on a 4 point average last year) he has come a huge way in a short space of time and will be posting double figures at most meetings and be very strong at West Row. Bowtell is yet to become the finished article and was flattered by riding the big IOW circuit last year.  

13 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

In all fairness to Ryan who i never used to really rate (and thought was a poor signing on a 4 point average last year) he has come a huge way in a short space of time and will be posting double figures at most meetings and be very strong at West Row. Bowtell is yet to become the finished article and was flattered by riding the big IOW circuit last year.  

Kinsley is one of those riders with a huge home average compared to his away average. He knows West Row and will do perfectly well there. 

• Like 1

I see your points I just think Bowtell is a better rider than Kingsley that’s all 

18 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

I see your points I just think Bowtell is a better rider than Kingsley that’s all 

Yes I do too but I can see why Mildenhall chose to sign their former rider. 

Wage demands do come in to it,when promoters bring in riders,.and that can be the difference..