British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon. Prem. 19/8/19

Been a good meeting, but there’s still too many bumps in the track to call it good

Watch Musielak take the first bend in heat 14 - like he’s riding over a corrugated strip

That’s not mentioning the rut on two which the track raker has been working on and has caught out a number of riders of both teams

• Like 1

Gates 1 & 3. Rosco a tactical genius you are not.

Congratulations to Poole as strong reserves are always the way to go if you want success.

Too much pressure on the top 5 of Swindon every meeting.

• Like 1

Cant wait to see Steve Shovlar saying the rutts & holes are gone in the track as they clearly are not!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Col said:

Gates 1 & 3. Rosco a tactical genius you are not.

I think you are wrong

You would take that in a play off meeting but the lack of reserve points a massive worry over 2 legs. Good meeting tho. Enjoyed it. Roll on Thursday!!

Good meeting (pity about the result) and track definitely better than earlier in the year (although not perfect - but what track is - excepting the NSS?)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

Been a good meeting, but there’s still too many bumps in the track to call it good

Watch Musielak take the first bend in heat 14 - like he’s riding over a corrugated strip

That’s not mentioning the rut on two which the track raker has been working on and has caught out a number of riders of both teams

Doyle has just said the the track is Ok now.He would speak his mind if he though different.

Can’t believe some of the comments I’m reading (well, CR getting the razor blades out after going a few points down isn’t that much of a surprise actually).

2 point loss away from home to the league leaders, with only a point from reserve and the middle order losing their gating gloves mid meeting, yet some are going on as if we’ve been hammered by 20 points! Madness. Why anyone bothers talking about a defeat with the last 5 heats to come, specifically where this team is designed to excel, is beyond me.

If the ref had let Doyle’s perfectly decent start go on his tactical ride (shock, another referee making a meal of movement / non movement at the start), we’d probably be looking at a draw. Just need to give Perks some gating lessons and we’ll be laughing.

If anything I worry that we’re peaking a bit too early.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Doyle has just said the the track is Ok now.He would speak his mind if he though different.

Yeah was a bit bumpy but riders could race flat out and made for a good meeting. Definitely an improvement 

4 minutes ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Can’t believe some of the comments I’m reading (well, CR getting the razor blades out after going a few points down isn’t that much of a surprise actually).

2 point loss away from home to the league leaders, with only a point from reserve and the middle order losing their gating gloves mid meeting, yet some are going on as if we’ve been hammered by 20 points! Madness. Why anyone bothers talking about a defeat with the last 5 heats to come, specifically where this team is designed to excel, is beyond me.

If the ref had let Doyle’s perfectly decent start go on his tactical ride (shock, another referee making a meal of movement / non movement at the start), we’d probably be looking at a draw. Just need to give Perks some gating lessons and we’ll be laughing.

If anything I worry that we’re peaking a bit too early.

Blunt razor blades as yes you’re right the boys fought back well in the end to get a point.

Always happy to be wrong.

• Like 1

Decent meeting that for the neutral. 
Close racing, some team riding, fair amount of passing. 
Better than you tend to get at most tracks in this country (NSS apart) and certainly better than that rubbish last Monday.

Edited by Stoke Potter
  • Haha 1

Reasonably entertaining meeting, not a classic but not bad. Track looked smoother but still a few lumps and bumps. Would fancy Swindon over two legs against anybody if they all stay fit.