British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon. Prem. 19/8/19

Nothing wrong with that meeting.  Decent entertainment.  Not a classic but been a lot worse than that.

I guess Poole will want to avoid Swindon in the play off semi

Just shows how bad the poole track used to be when fans and riders are giving that surface tonight some praise. Crikey.

Ford’s potato harvest might be down come the end of this season, but still might have enough to fund some tin-pot race jackets for his lucky septet next season, though.

• Like 1

A good meeting tonight, perhaps not as good as the one two weeks ago but still entertaining. Track was nicely watered with no dust, meaning some good flat out racing. The track improvements really helping the riders go for it.

After Swindon’s performance last week at Ipswich I expected them to turn up and rip us a new one but after a tense opening two 5-1s on the bounce more or less settled where the win was going to go.

I would have used Josh in heat 15 but Middlo thought otherwise. Klindt chose tonight to have his worst meeting of the season. 

For Swindon I thought Doyle and Batchelor excellent but the rest were hit and miss. No reserves is Swindons bane. And no T/Rs allowed in the playoffs. 

We don’t have the top end firepower of Swindon but we do have 6 riders giving their all. Now well clear at the top. Top 4 still wide open with Wolves win at Belle Vue.

Very pleased after that. Return on Thursday should be another cracker.

Hard watching here, thst was..

Well done to Poole though, they deserved the win in a reasonably entertaining meeting.. :t:

Just now, Speedy swindon pete said:

Just shows how bad the poole track used to be when fans and riders are giving that surface tonight some praise. Crikey.

Ford’s potato harvest might be down come the end of this season, but still might have enough to fund some tin-pot race jackets for his lucky septet next season, though.

What you eating? Sour grapes? Beaten easily regardless of final score line.

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

You have to be fair and say bends 3 and 4 are better. Passes on there already. Think it's been a decent start racing wise TBH.

Terrible ruts still on bend 2 and 4 causing riders huge lifts. 

1 hour ago, Crazy robin said:

Not slating the meeting but was told that track is not smooth as posted.

Track is way better but then it was dangerous before so not hard to improve on that.

Ruts still an issue and still a bit wavy but loads better thankfully. 

An enjoyable match which is probably a Final rehearsal.

Poole have all the strength in reserve, Swindon much better top 5. Intriguing final if that’s what it proves to be.

Much more enjoyable meeting I’m delighted to say.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I was giving Poole a compliment! It’s all relative. Glad you’re enjoying the new billiard-table smooth track, Steve! 

Edited by Speedy swindon pete

Yes we are enjoying it thanks. A good race circuit again now it’s fixed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes we are enjoying it thanks. A good race circuit again now it’s fixed.

It’s not fixed, it’s better. Bad ruts and wavey still but at least the boys can race it harder. Tons better tho.

• Like 3

It’s easily good enough. This is dirt track racing not road racing. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Classic.

Well Middleditch is equally stupid putting Kurtz off 4.

14 minutes ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Potato harvest ..that really made me laugh pete :D thanks 

• Like 1

Well done Swindon, have gone to the top 3 recently and taken a point at Vue and Poole and 4 at Ippo. 10 heat wins, excellent from Batch and Doyley, just let down at reserve. Good entertaining meeting, credit to Poole as well.Roll on Thursday.

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No way were Swindon beaten easily

• Like 1