British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon. Prem. 19/8/19

IMO, a fair result from a decent enough meeting. Track was raceable which is a huge improvement, but still very rough in places. Some passing, but a lot of gate and go also.

Poole solid throughout especially at reserve but not unexpected.

Swindon, top 2 superb, the reserves on a hiding to nothing, but at least on the pace, middle 3 all rather disappointed.

it’s all ifs and buts - Klindt got maybe less than expected, Jensen & Muesli got less than usual, it all evens out to say these two should both be there or thereabouts at the end of the season, may the best team win!

3 minutes ago, poole keith said:

shouldnt newman have been taken out of his last ride?? 

No as he only had 2 rides before then.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Col said:

Well Middleditch is equally stupid putting Kurtz off 4.

as stupid as someone belittling an experienced manager’s decision even before we’ve seen the consequences of their choice?

2 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

No as he only had 2 rides before then.

his last ride was ht 14 which was his 4th ride,perks had beaten covatti in his last ride and poor kyle was never going to beat anybody so worth a gamble with perks jmo

Newman had three rides. He had to come out in heat 14. He was swapped out in heat 8.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Just don’t think Poole are up to it.

30-60.

What was that??? :D :D

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Klindt moves and Doyle gets the warning???

Doyle def moved, I was right by the gate watching. Whether Nic moved as well not sure. Was watching Josh and JD.

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Doyle def moved, I was right by the gate watching. Whether Nic moved as well not sure. Was watching Josh and JD.

Like I said - Klindt moved first and he would have been closest to you so don’t know how you missed it.  Anyway - luck usually levels out in the end - unless you were BV tonight.

5 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Like I said - Klindt moved first and he would have been closest to you so don’t know how you missed it.  Anyway - luck usually levels out in the end - unless you were BV tonight.

As I said I was watching Josh and JD more, as I was sure who gated between them would win. 

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Pooles reserves could make the difference tonight. 47-43

Not far out.. Poole reserves 15 points … Robins 2 points.

Track is better, but still not good. Few early ruts and not much dirt. An ok meeting to be fair. Made better by what was at stake.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

as stupid as someone belittling an experienced manager’s decision even before we’ve seen the consequences of their choice?

I don't need to see the consequence of their choice. Gate 2 was the best gate on the night. Ellis won from it, Musielak won from it, Perks scored a point from it. If the Swindon team manager hasn't figured that out he is an idiot.

He needed 3 points to get a losers bonus point, so take the best gate and put your best rider on it.

Swindon got a 5-1. That gets them nothing more than a 3-3 would. They had the best two riders at the meeting. The only way they could have scored less than 3 barring a mechanical disaster was to hand Poole the best gate.

Poole needed to put their only rider capable of out pacing Batchelor & Doyle on it, in Kurtz & hope Holder can sneak past either Robin as they queued behind Kurtz.

Utter ineptitude all around.

Edited by Col

On 8/19/2019 at 10:40 PM, Crazy robin said:

An off night for any of the top 5 & that’s us done.

Still prefer to have at least 1 decent reserve as that is usually what the league winners have.

Over a two legged affair i would be reasonably confident though Crazy.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 3