British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon. Prem. 19/8/19

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Track was a little bumpy but many are not just Poole.

There were plenty of passes, I think you must have dozed off.

Doyley would have not have been riding flat out to pass Klindt if the track was bad. Bumpy in places yes but definitely not a boring meeting at all. I thought it was a good watch and I love a good Poole bash as much as the next person!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Doyle def moved, I was right by the gate watching. Whether Nic moved as well not sure. Was watching Josh and JD.

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Doyle def moved, I was right by the gate watching. Whether Nic moved as well not sure. Was watching Josh and JD.

Klindt definitely moved which prompted Doyles movement, at the very least both riders should have been warned.

On 8/16/2019 at 4:19 PM, DC2 said:

Was a good match last night, everyone would wish for more passing, but there was enough close racing, and hardly any strung out heats, the close score also made it a decent match, both sides had riders slightly under performing but also big contributions from some too. Poole still favourites imo, but not much in it.

Edited by noggin
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, noggin said:

Was a good match last night, everyone would wish for more passing, but there was enough close racing, and hardly any strung out heats, the close score also made it a decent match, both sides had riders slightly under performing but also big contributions from some too. Poole still favourites imo, but not much in it.

Yeah agree with that. Even in some of the races with no passing there was some decent team riding by the Poole riders which made for close racing. 

I watched it today and thought it was an entertaining meeting. Not much passing after the first two bends but close racing and the close score made it enjoyable to watch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aces51 said:

I watched it today and thought it was an entertaining meeting. Not much passing after the first two bends but close racing and the close score made it enjoyable to watch.

Let's face it, if it was really bad we would be up to 50 pages by now of people slating it. As it's reasonably quiet I think we all know the track was alright!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Odds On said:

ha ha..I've been following it for around 45 years or so, last night was a borefest and if you found it exciting can I recommend a 5000 piece jigsaw to really blow you away!

Odds when the Jigsaw says 8-10 years it means the age recommendation not length of time to complete

Edited by semion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Let's face it, if it was really bad we would be up to 50 pages by now of people slating it. As it's reasonably quiet I think we all know the track was alright!!

Nail on the head.

• Like 1

Watched the recording. It was very entertaining. They have sorted their track out a lot.  Doyley was his usual self. But i am coming to the conclusion that no matter what, Poole are going to be the team to beat if you want to win something. 

16 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Doyley would have not have been riding flat out to pass Klindt if the track was bad. Bumpy in places yes but definitely not a boring meeting at all. I thought it was a good watch and I love a good Poole bash as much as the next person!

A good evening and some good racing and chuffed to see Poole get there track back to what there supporters deserve.A good benchmark to see where the Budgies are at we are getting there but the play/offs are a different ballgame.

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

A good evening and some good racing and chuffed to see Poole get there track back to what there supporters deserve.A good benchmark to see where the Budgies are at we are getting there but the play/offs are a different ballgame.

Yep, no tac subs for starters!!

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes and I think that is definitely  to our benefit in the play offs.

20 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Skidder the Poole track is getting there and that is great to see, some real close racing out there on Monday night.I am no expert on tracks and you would know more about it than me but to get a track perfect is near impossible to do these days ( i.e. the weather hinders that).Swindon apart from Peterborough at home has been decent all year but you know there is an element of a chance that one week it might go back to square one that is how hard the job is.As for tonight i feel Swindon dont really have a real home advantage and your lads could take advantage of that be interesting to see if Brady really attacks turn 2 like Doyley has been doing lately.

• Like 1

Good meeting much improved track could say if we hadn't imploded mid meeting we 'should' had won but I won't i don't want to sound like LCG! Poole much more solid on the night was a great contest between two differently out together sides but equally effective in there own way

7 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Skidder the Poole track is getting there and that is great to see, some real close racing out there on Monday night.I am no expert on tracks and you would know more about it than me but to get a track perfect is near impossible to do these days ( i.e. the weather hinders that).Swindon apart from Peterborough at home has been decent all year but you know there is an element of a chance that one week it might go back to square one that is how hard the job is.As for tonight i feel Swindon dont really have a real home advantage and your lads could take advantage of that be interesting to see if Brady really attacks turn 2 like Doyley has been doing lately.

I think the track now is very different to what it as early season when Pirates drew twice so will be interesting