British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Swindon. Prem. 19/8/19

7 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Is this on BT?

Yeah. I am trying to find out if anybody is on the tv on Bank holiday. There are 3 meetings that day.

1 minute ago, craigACE said:

Yeah. I am trying to find out if anybody is on the tv on Bank holiday. There are 3 meetings that day.

Future meetings

Aug 19th Poole - Swindon

Sep 2nd Wolves - KL

Sep 9th KL - Poole

Then the playoffs

7 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Future meetings

Aug 19th Poole - Swindon

Sep 2nd Wolves - KL

Sep 9th KL - Poole

Then the playoffs

Cheers for that. 

Should be a close match with both teams likely to be stronger with riders missing

R/R for Worrall makes Poole stronger at home and Vissing absent also helps Swindon............so no excuses from either side

Swindon still my picks for the league and think they are capable of getting something here.

Im not sure what some Poole fans want............apparantly this season its important to finish top...........where other seasons its just about getting in the top 4......unsure ahich is best....fickle bunch

7 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

Because they want to pick Belle Vue in the play offs, who they would then clobber over two legs.

Is that the same Belle Vue that were only 2 points down last time at Poole before the abandonment

The league is to close to call

After 8 matches Ipswich were the form side

Right now Poole are

Come the play offs it will likely be Swindon

Can riders like Klindt and Josh keep their form going....riders have purple patches and losses of form over a course of a season

Edited by Gavan

If I were a Poole fan id be taking Ipswich in the play offs after how they just done the double over them. Without a doubt. 

If I was a Poole fan, I would be wanting Ipswich to. Clearly not as strong as they were

Edited by TommyTanker

14 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Is that the same Belle Vue that were only 2 points down last time at Poole before the abandonment

The league is to close to call

After 8 matches Ipswich were the form side

Right now Poole are

Come the play offs it will likely be Swindon

Can riders like Klindt and Josh keep their form going....riders have purple patches and losses of form over a course of a season

Coming from a Swindon fan, I don't know how you can be so confident about us. We have lost every away meeting and with Wolves and BV still to go to Peterborough we are probably going to have to win 2 away meetings and not drop any points at home. It will only take a bad meeting from one of the top 5 and that could happen. I wish I was as confident as you but we are in a battle to even make the play offs. Obviously 4 points tonight would change that!

1 minute ago, thecoombdog said:

Coming from a Swindon fan, I don't know how you can be so confident about us. We have lost every away meeting and with Wolves and BV still to go to Peterborough we are probably going to have to win 2 away meetings and not drop any points at home. It will only take a bad meeting from one of the top 5 and that could happen. I wish I was as confident as you but we are in a battle to even make the play offs. Obviously 4 points tonight would change that!

Cos he doesn't want to tip Poole probably. 

17 minutes ago, Pinny said:

If I were a Poole fan id be taking Ipswich in the play offs after how they just done the double over them. Without a doubt. 

Yes they had a good win over us at our place when they outgated us and we had riders off form..........we also beat Poole easily earlier in the season by 14 and at Wimborne Road we only lost by 6 and 2 so far..............we have riders out of form right now.....KP, Harris, and to a lesser extent Lawson and Allen...get them going again and over 2 legs i wouldnt be overly worried about facing Poole............it would be nice to see Worrall back as i think R/R especially at home benefits Poole

3 minutes ago, TommyTanker said:

Cos he doesn't want to tip Poole probably. 

Sorry yes must remember at the start of a season to tip Poole every year

I tipped Swindon right at the start....said they were two riders way from being a title winning side...........Jensen for Lampart bolstered them hugely and although they havent got the reserves sorts 100% they are my tips.........form the beginning of the season if you actually bothered to take notice....or i guess its just easier to say ive tipped Swindon becasue i dont like Poole

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Yes they had a good win over us at our place when they outgated us and we had riders off form..........we also beat Poole easily earlier in the season by 14 and at Wimborne Road we only lost by 6 and 2 so far..............we have riders out of form right now.....KP, Harris, and to a lesser extent Lawson and Allen...get them going again and over 2 legs i wouldnt be overly worried about facing Poole............it would be nice to see Worrall back as i think R/R especially at home benefits Poole

Sorry yes must remember at the start of a season to tip Poole every year

I tipped Swindon right at the start....said they were two riders way from being a title winning side...........Jensen for Lampart bolstered them hugely and although they havent got the reserves sorts 100% they are my tips.........form the beginning of the season if you actually bothered to take notice....or i guess its just easier to say ive tipped Swindon becasue i dont like Poole

Outgated you and had riders out of form. Lol. And you say Shovlar makes up silly excuses. 

They done you home and away in the league , you beat them in some silly competition when they had two guests riding in the heatleader slots.

Over half your team are out of form now in your opinion ... you have to laugh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Yes Ipswich are cannon fodder now. Had a good period punching above their weight but now riding to form.

But to be honest I don’t care who we have in the playoffs. Have to beat them to be champs and we are good at that.

34 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Outgated you and had riders out of form. Lol. And you say Shovlar makes up silly excuses. 

They done you home and away in the league , you beat them in some silly competition when they had two guests riding in the heatleader slots.

Poole are just a better team than Ipswich. With a team manager that knows his stuff.

20 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rather Vissing rode to be honest.

And we all know what happened when Somerset had r/r for Vissing last season 

55 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Oh dear you are some sort of strange creature

They outgated us, they led into every first bend.... they rode better then us on the night.

And yes we do have riders out of form or are Lawson and KP scoring what they did earlier in the season. King on the other hand is coming back to form after being poor early on

Riders do have peaks and troughs through a season......if you want to look at Poole as an example, Jack Holder was poor at the start of the season but riding well now

And yes they had Kurtz and Klindt missing in the earlier match but we also lost Allen (unbeaten at the time to injury). We won fair and square by 14 same as Poole did at our place last time.

We lost by 6 there last time in the league when we had Lawson and Heeps scoring only 4 between them. 

Can you explain why teams lose matches then please...............