British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Cook, Vissing and Kennett banned.

55 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Suspending these riders only causes more problems than are solved. Fines have to be the right way of dealing with it, together with appropriate levels of punishment for their clubs. To begin with, fine the riders their earnings from that match, then a percentage from a set number of matches from now onwards.

Team points deduction?

I just think it should only affect championship meetings nothing to do with our league jmo

40 minutes ago, Mark said:

Punishment should be a fine unless the club is also at fault.   Glasgow and maybe Kings Lynn will ride without Cook which may take numbers off the gate.   Weakened teams are no good for the fans or the clubs.    Why punish innocent parties when they could fine the rider a fixed sum.   Its going to rain this week which means a ban may also be worthless.

No surprise Cookie comes back the day of the GP Challenge.

Maybe Cook should use his brain for once and think about his clubs first. Only got himself to blame. 

45 minutes ago, Mark said:

Punishment should be a fine unless the club is also at fault.   Glasgow and maybe Kings Lynn will ride without Cook which may take numbers off the gate.   Weakened teams are no good for the fans or the clubs.    Why punish innocent parties when they could fine the rider a fixed sum.   Its going to rain this week which means a ban may also be worthless.

No surprise Cookie comes back the day of the GP Challenge.

why would craig not ride in the gp challenge he is not banned world wide only domestic speedway uk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

But because the ref dished out a punishment nothing else could be done afterwards 

I read on a news site a day or 2 ago that Dugard was banned from the meeting and fined £250, but can't find it today. I assume it was the ref because he was banned from that meeting on the spot. I think at the time the max a ref could find a rider on the night was £250, I might be wrong.

Since then I have found an article stating that Dugard was expecting a long ban and started selling his bikes, but he got off on a technicality :blink:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/speedway/4763280/Speedway-Dugard-delivers-grand-prix-upset.html

You are right Beerhut. The technicality was the ref had fined him and banned him from the meeting. No further action could be taken :blink:

http://www.speedwayplus.com/neg_martindugard.shtml

Edited by Bald Bloke

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe Cook should use his brain for once and think about his clubs first. Only got himself to blame. 

Sorry Lisa, don’t agree with you this time. Cook was slowly strolling to the pits, after several wind ups, with no danger to others. The marshal could have calmly guided him in instead of deliberately walking into a moving bike. The plank that then got in his face caused the mayhem. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Sorry Lisa, don’t agree with you this time. Cook was slowly strolling to the pits, after several wind ups, with no danger to others. The marshal could have calmly guided him in instead of deliberately walking into a moving bike. The plank that then got in his face caused the mayhem. 

the exit was halfway down the back straight so if the marshall guided him that way he was guiding towards the people still there.  cook thought he could exit on the bend, marshall panicked, and then as you say, the plank Paul Dugard caused the ensuing mayhem . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

The Dugards seem to have short fuses. 

Not to mention, Craig, Eddie and half the staff that work at Eastbourne speedway.

Just my impression.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

why would craig not ride in the gp challenge he is not banned world wide only domestic speedway uk

you are right

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Good luck with that but if successful I wouldn’t get too excited - according to his Facebook page he’s off on holiday tomorrow now 

55 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

the exit was halfway down the back straight so if the marshall guided him that way he was guiding towards the people still there.  cook thought he could exit on the bend, marshall panicked, and then as you say, the plank Paul Dugard caused the ensuing mayhem . 

Thanks for the response. Respect you were there and witnessed first hand. From the outside we can only view the video and forum inputs. In my opinion Cook didn’t start the situation, but he doesn’t take too much to react. As you say, was looking for an exit (pits)  before the unnecessary scrap. Think the flag guy and hard men entourage put themselves in more danger than a guy winding down at very low speed. Health & safety!!!

If not for the Dugard interaction(s), that created the ‘mayhem’, doubt we would have read so much about it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Thanks for the response. Respect you were there and witnessed first hand. From the outside we can only view the video and forum inputs. In my opinion Cook didn’t start the situation, but he doesn’t take too much to react. As you say, was looking for an exit (pits)  before the unnecessary scrap. Think the flag guy and hard men entourage put themselves in more danger than a guy winding down at very low speed. Health & safety!!!

If not for the Dugard interaction(s), that created the ‘mayhem’, doubt we would have read so much about it. 

Agree - i think he was pretty wound up by that time anyway so any potential flashpoint was going to end up in conflict.  Shame as it finished the meeting as a contest almost immediately pretty much as they were so far behind by the time he had his first ride under his belt. 

16 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That’s the exit from the pits. The entrance is halfway down the back straight.

Maybe so, but he was turning to enter the 'Exit' gate.

I agree that the three riders involved should receive punishment, although I thought there was a fourth Eastbourne rider involved, but for goodness sake, Neil was at the meeting, and must have heard and seen the wind-up job being carried out by certain Eastbourne officials even before the riders went on parade, and they too should be punished.  Just my opinion, and yes I was there as a neutral observer on a short holiday.

12 hours ago, geoff58 said:

ironically b/vue could suffer for this ? in what was a difficult match against swindon a must win for both teams vissing was a poor reserve for them at NSS but now they can get a decent guest who likes the track ?? only in british speedway eh :nono: :angry:

Yeah Swindon have booked Wells!!:party: