British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Cook, Vissing and Kennett banned.

9 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

the exit was halfway down the back straight so if the marshall guided him that way he was guiding towards the people still there.  cook thought he could exit on the bend, marshall panicked, and then as you say, the plank Paul Dugard caused the ensuing mayhem . 

Did Cook need guiding?

Surely he could use his own eyes to make sure he didn’t ride into anyone?

Unless of course anyone else on the track was as daft as the Marshall!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The flag Marshall was under instruction to stop the out of control Cook, Vissing and other rider from coming around and riding in front of the other riders who were still being introduced to the crowd, along with members of the public who were also trackside.

The Marshall is a hero from stopping potential carnage.

Out of control Cook what on earth where you watching

He was doing about 10mph and would have been absolutely no danger to anyone if he had have continued riding round.

I dont condone him being on the track.....but out of control is a daft statement

The bans are fair ...but the Dugards need to be reprimanded ....or is it ok for Martin to aim a headbutt

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Did Cook need guiding?

Surely he could use his own eyes to make sure he didn’t ride into anyone?

Unless of course anyone else on the track was as daft as the Marshall!

I don't think it was a case of him riding into the marshall.  Rightly or wrongly, he was at a snails pace turning right into the exit entrance of the pits, when the flag marshall stepped to his left in an attempt to get him to return to the centre green.  Unfortunately, the rider saw red, and wrongly did what he did.  But it wan't a case of him riding into someone. 

• Like 1

I applaud the SCB for the way they have handled this, investigated, and handed out their decision and bans all as quickly as possible. Looks like Kennett has accepted his ban though Ipswich haven't, for the life of me I can't see how they can argue against their riders ban.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Pathetic comment from Louis. He is equally as guilty as Cook by sprinting over to act like a thug. No different to Cook.

Assuming the ban only affects UK he can ride abroad?

Chris isnt contesting Kennetts ban........he is contesting that it shouldnt apply to Ipswich matches as it happened in the lower league

3 minutes ago, screm said:

I applaud the SCB for the way they have handled this, investigated, and handed out their decision and bans all as quickly as possible. Looks like Kennett has accepted his ban though Ipswich haven't, for the life of me I can't see how they can argue against their riders ban.

All riders got what they deserved but the Dugards need some sort of sanction

Please read what Ipswich are contesting. They are saying it should only apply for Eastbourne not for Ipswich.......the opinions on that can be discussed.......Ipswich are not saying Kennett should get no ban

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Chris isnt contesting Kennetts ban........he is contesting that it shouldnt apply to Ipswich matches as it happened in the lower league

It's Kennetts license that has been suspended so that will cover any meeting be it Ipswich, Eastbourne, individual etc. 

• Like 2

If im right Kennett misses 2 home matches for us............v Swindon and v Peterborough.............we can use Wells in the first and Howarth in the second

15 minutes ago, screm said:

I also applaud the quick decisions that have been taken, but punishment MUST be given to certain members of the Eastbourne management too.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

I think you will find the out of control reference was concerning Cooks mental state, which is a bit flaky at the best of times.

I agree that there was no reason for the 3 Glasgow riders to ride off during the parade....petulant at worst

The facts are simple

Cook shouldnt have left the parade

The knock on reaction of this was that a marshall stepped on the track

Cook was hardly going any speed and had slowed right down , before whatever reason the marshall thinks it would be a good idea to walk into a moving bike

Cook then over reacted with a shoulder barge....(headbutt lol) 

We then get Paul Dugard getting up into Cooks face and then it all kicks off

We then get Kennett running to join in along with Martin Dugard

Im no fan of Cook but those wanting him banned for longer are blinkered totally

Kennett and Vissing rightly banned to

Paul Dugard should be banned from Arlington...................Martin Dugard should recieve a hefty fine or a ban.........for those fools who believe Cook did a headbutt, watch Dugard on Vissing

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Gavan said:

If im right Kennett misses 2 home matches for us............v Swindon and v Peterborough.............we can use Wells in the first and Howarth in the second

Only misses this week.. bans runs until the 21st. Covatti guests

7 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Only misses this week.. bans runs until the 21st. Covatti guests

Shouldnt be an issue then hopefully

Of course it was a f*****g head butt. Well he tried to any way. 

A shoulder barge doesnt result in your head flying forwards in that manner. Try it, preferably film it and do it very close to a block wall. 

Attempting a shoulder barge whilst both hands are on the bikes handlebars is laughable. 

He went in with his head there are no two ways about it, its clear to see on the video!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Team points deduction?

I would go for a letter from SCB to both clubs, strong warning, keep your riders in order, otherwise in future you will be punished as a club for bringing the sport into disrepute

• Like 1

Do I detect from this, that Cook's susceptibility to getting easily wound-up (as recently stated by T. Woffinden) may lead to opposition clubs to deliberately get at him? He is the top rider, in the top team, and as such vulnerable to this. Up to Glasgow and him to wise up to this