British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Cook, Vissing and Kennett banned.

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Of course it was a f*****g head butt. Well he tried to any way. 

A shoulder barge doesnt result in your head flying forwards in that manner. Try it, preferably film it and do it very close to a block wall. 

Attempting a shoulder barge whilst both hands are on the bikes handlebars is laughable. 

He went in with his head there are no two ways about it, its clear to see on the video!

Are you for real?

Whilst not condoning any of Cooks actions that is not a headbutt...watch Dugard on Vissing.............you are in a small minority who actually think thats a headbutt

Edited by Gavan

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

I also applaud the quick decisions that have been taken, but punishment MUST be given to certain members of the Eastbourne management too.

That would've been part of the investigation when all the statements were talking.  Looks like they don't havea case to answer 

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

The Dugards seem to have short fuses. 

Remember Bob having a few set tos at Poole 

7 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

Both were headbutts, the only thing that prevented Cook from landing his was that his hands were on handlebars. You have to be very deluded to think otherwise. 

I guess mine and the vast majority on here have a different idea of a headbutt to you then

Shoulder barge someone and your head goes with you.....with a headbutt your shoulders hardly move

I cant stand Craig Cook....petulant , whiny brat as proved at Foxhall many times.........but he didnt headbutt the marshall.......he is banned for swinging punches after

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I guess mine and the vast majority on here have a different idea of a headbutt to you then

Shoulder barge someone and your head goes with you.....with a headbutt your shoulders hardly move

I cant stand Craig Cook....petulant , whiny brat as proved at Foxhall many times.........but he didnt headbutt the marshall.......he is banned for swinging punches after

From the video I saw it looks like he is trying to go with his helmet first but obviously his whole body has to move towards the steward so maybe some versions look like his intention was to head butt and some different angles it may look like more of a shoulder barge, either way a very stupid thing to do.

18 minutes ago, Gavan said:

In all honesty the vast majority on here wouldnt know a headbutt if one hit them in the face . 

You do not go in head first if you shoulder barge someone and thats a fact... Cooks head goes in first whilst both hands are on the handlebars and you and others genuinely think its a shoulder barge! Lol! Watch the video ffs and pay attention to it properly . 

Cook trys headbutting the flag marshall, looks absolutely foolish as he misses and is then set upon by other riders and the like and a brawl happened. 

10 minutes ago, Pinny said:

In all honesty the vast majority on here wouldnt know a headbutt if one hit them in the face . 

You do not go in head first if you shoulder barge someone and thats a fact... Cooks head goes in first whilst both hands are on the handlebars and you and others genuinely think its a shoulder barge! Lol! Watch the video ffs and pay attention to it properly . 

Cook trys headbutting the flag marshall, looks absolutely foolish as he misses and is then set upon by other riders and the like and a brawl happened. 

Sorry...........i guess we are all wrong and you and one or two others are correct...............i bow to your superior knowledge

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Sorry...........i guess we are all wrong and you and one or two others are correct...............i bow to your superior knowledge

Thats incredibly nice of you. 

Find me one example of a shoulder barge where the offending persons head lunges forward before the shoulder . Clue- you wont. 

2 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I also applaud the quick decisions that have been taken, but punishment MUST be given to certain members of the Eastbourne management too.

Which specific people are you referring to ??

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I've been plenty. Certainly seen all the league title wins :D

Wow, what a fan, only attend finals, can see why your so opinionated all the time, your knowledge is second to none. :D

2 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Wow, what a fan, only attend finals, can see why your so opinionated all the time, your knowledge is second to none. :D

Ha, I started going in 1993. Look to see how many finals we were in then. Also went to every home meeting in 2009, not many trophies that year :)

1 minute ago, ArthurRudge said:

So no punishment for the fkn Dugard's and Eastbourne staff you couldn't make it up, they fueled the situation to33ers!

They might have a punishment, just not announced.