British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Cook, Vissing and Kennett banned.

4 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

So no punishment for the fkn Dugard's and Eastbourne staff you couldn't make it up, they fueled the situation to33ers!

whatever who did what and when are you seriously suggesting Craig Cook had no part in the build up?

Just now, HGould said:

whatever who did what and when are you seriously suggesting Craig Cook had no part in the build up?

Did I say anything about Cook??... 

15 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Thats incredibly nice of you. 

Find me one example of a shoulder barge where the offending persons head lunges forward before the shoulder . Clue- you wont. 

I saw the video along with everyone else on here

I would say 8/10 immediately responded by saying it wasnt a headbutt..................the real Cook haters will claim it was

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

deplorable?  really.  bit disingenuous to claim he knew nothing of the incident i feel.  Either that or he buries himself in sand between ipswich meetings

31 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

Should be published imo

Fully agree.  These riders will probably get abuse from certain sections of crowds at tracks they visit when their bans are over, yet the management side of things come out smiling.

Apart from people like Jon Cook, Martin Dugard etc., what about that guy on the roving mic (don't  know his name, and don't particularly want to) who was throwing in his twopenneth at every given opportunity, he doesn't seem to have been mentioned in these discussions.

If the riders are going to be named and shamed, then so should the windup merchants on the microphone, both interviewer and interviewee, who lit the blue touch paper long before the parade and subsequent actions.  Not doing so, to me is victimisation,

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

So no punishment for the fkn Dugard's and Eastbourne staff you couldn't make it up, they fueled the situation to33ers!

Seem to be a a law unto themselves them lot :blink:

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, chun said:

deplorable?  really.  bit disingenuous to claim he knew nothing of the incident i feel.  Either that or he buries himself in sand between ipswich meetings

Not deplorable at all

I had no idea Kennett was involved until i saw the incident a few days after on video, i also had no idea Vissing was involved either

Chris isnt complaining that Kennett has a ban just the way it was handled

Im guessing Chris wasnt told Eddie was under investigation

29 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Seem to be a a law unto themselves them lot :blink:

The Dugard family does include "living legends" of UK speedway.

are the videos still available on you tube or something ?  

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

For people who didn't go, what did the announcer say that was so bad? 

Probably said " welcome to the team from north of the border where the men where skirts"  :D

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Chris isnt contesting Kennetts ban........he is contesting that it shouldnt apply to Ipswich matches as it happened in the lower league

In that case fair enough, however a ban usually affects both clubs as the knock on affect of the riders actions. Can’t see see Louis getting much joy tho.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

They might have a punishment, just not announced. 

I hope they do and is announced.

From my post in the Eastbourne v Glasgow thread in the Championship section :

“The presenter was doing the presentation. As I stated in my early post, the unprofessional comments (in my opinion) before the presentation took place, came from Martin Dugard (no official capacity with Eastbourne Speedway) and Jon Cook, Head of Speedway Operations with Eastbourne Speedway.”

Funny how this ban topic is being posted and discussed in the Premiership section when all the events pertaining to it took place at a Championship event.  (Yeah, I know the riders partake in both leagues).

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

I guess mine and the vast majority on here have a different idea of a headbutt to you then

Shoulder barge someone and your head goes with you.....with a headbutt your shoulders hardly move

I cant stand Craig Cook....petulant , whiny brat as proved at Foxhall many times.........but he didnt headbutt the marshall.......he is banned for swinging punches after

Have to agree with your description of Cook. I know he's admitted to having mental health issues in the past but he does come over as petulant & thinks he's better than he is. Will never be a GP regular.