British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Cook, Vissing and Kennett banned.

51 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Not deplorable at all

I had no idea Kennett was involved until i saw the incident a few days after on video, i also had no idea Vissing was involved either

Chris isnt complaining that Kennett has a ban just the way it was handled

Im guessing Chris wasnt told Eddie was under investigation

As a neutral, i never saw Kennett throwing punches, only Cook and Vissing. There was further aggro in the pits during the meeting, but i couldn't be bothered to have a look. I was there to watch a Speedway meeting, not grown men making fools of themselves.

Kennett launched himself headlong into Cook early on in the brawl.  He was in red and saw red. 

53 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Probably said " welcome to the team from north of the border where the men where skirts"  :D

Given there are no Scottish riders - I very much doubt it :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, chun said:

Kennett launched himself headlong into Cook early on in the brawl.  He was in red and saw red. 

Easily missed with so much going on!

2 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Wow, what a fan, only attend finals, can see why your so opinionated all the time, your knowledge is second to none. :D

Lisa use to go on a regular basis, would hardly miss a meeting, it's only family commitments as to why she don't go so much 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

As a neutral, i never saw Kennett throwing punches, only Cook and Vissing. There was further aggro in the pits during the meeting, but i couldn't be bothered to have a look. I was there to watch a Speedway meeting, not grown men making fools of themselves.

The video clearly shows Ed sprinting into the scene and throwing punches. So wether you saw it happen or not doesn’t distract from the fact it did and he was rightly punished.

Chris Louis saying that the decision is "Deplorable"... well thats not the only thing that the SCB have messed up. Whats just as deplorable imo is giving Danny King and Chris Harris the 2 track reserve positions at the Cardiff SGP. Should have been given to Bewley, Kemp, or Edwards. :mad:

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Chris Louis saying that the decision is "Deplorable"... well thats not the only thing that the SCB have messed up. Whats just as deplorable imo is giving Danny King and Chris Harris the 2 track reserve positions at the Cardiff SGP. Should have been given to Bewley, Kemp, or Edwards. :mad:

Absolutely a joke

If you go by the British Final shouldn't it be King & Cook. Has Cook spat his dummy out and refused.  I agree it should be two youngsters to give them experience of these meetings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gresham78 said:

Have to agree with your description of Cook. I know he's admitted to having mental health issues in the past but he does come over as petulant & thinks he's better than he is. Will never be a GP regular.

I think that’s a bit unfair on Craig, especially considering how late he came into speedway and his fast rise through the ranks to become one of the most consistent riders in the domestic leagues.

When you consider how poor the money, set ups and support is in this country, it’s no surprise that we cannot produce the GP riders that Poland can.

World achievers like Woffinden and Loram are rare, and we’ve even been lucky to have the likes of Harris and Nicholls in the home leagues.

So, all in all, Craig is quite an inspiring example for young NL riders.

Edited by DC2
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I think that’s a bit unfair on Craig, especially considering how late he came into speedway and his fast rise through the ranks to become one of the most consistent riders in the domestic leagues.

When you consider how poor the money, set ups and support is in this country, it’s no surprise that we cannot produce the GP riders that Poland can.

World achievers like Woffinden and Loram are rare, and we’ve even been lucky to have the likes of Harris and Nicholls in the home leagues.

So, all in all, Craig is quite an inspiring example for young NL riders.

I get fed up with some of the posters on here who slag Craig of at every opportunity.wish they give him a break

• Like 5

Just now, ray c said:

I get fed up with some of the posters on here who slag Craig of at every opportunity.wish they give him a break

Dont like Cook, never have and never will........but the reaction on here by some is laughable

We have had him 'flying' around the track endangering people on the back straight when quite clearly he was going about 10mph and slowing down (doesnt excuse the punched he threw later)

We have been told he 'headbutted' the marshall..........simply a shoulder barge (again something that was out of order)

Cook never should have been on the track...but also the reactions of messrs Dugard (plural) and Kennett seemed far worse then anything Cook done

Yes Kennett races for my team but you cant excuse a rider who ran 30 yards to get involved in a scuffle.

Cook and Kennett have got what they deserve but i agree with you , so many people on here going way over the top

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

We have had him 'flying' around the track endangering people on the back straight when quite clearly he was going about 10mph and slowing down (doesnt excuse the punched he threw later)

Don't forget, he was on a "bike that doesn't have brakes", so apparently once the bike has started moving, it won't slow down or stop until it hits something...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ray c said:

He doesn't help himself I'm afraid. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Bash said:

If you go by the British Final shouldn't it be King & Cook. Has Cook spat his dummy out and refused.  I agree it should be two youngsters to give them experience of these meetings.

Or have the SCB decided not to risk giving him a spot in case he doesn't like the look of the track and starts digging it up like he did at Eastbourne.

• Haha 1