British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Cook, Vissing and Kennett banned.

56 minutes ago, Bash said:

If you go by the British Final shouldn't it be King & Cook. Has Cook spat his dummy out and refused.  I agree it should be two youngsters to give them experience of these meetings.

Perhaps he declined as he disagrees with depriving a youngster the chance of being a reserve. 

Whoever decided on King and Harris wants shooting. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He doesn't help himself I'm afraid. 

if he was champion of the world people would still knock him and you seemingly are one of them :party:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

if he was champion of the world people would still knock him and you seemingly are one of them :party:

I think Tai has been criticised too for his actions sometimes. Cook thinks he is better than he is  and comes over as a petulant kid who thinks the world owes him.

• Like 3

Tai is outspoken & controversial at times but he's earned the right as a 3 times world champion and because of that you listen. 

Cook is not at that level & he just comes over as petulant.

I remember Kenny Carter being outspoken and awkward but again he was World Class on a bike. 

And I'm not referring to his conduct at Eastbourne which I haven't seen. It's about his general attitude over the years in the sport. Take the British final recently; Charles Wright goes off on his victory lap on the trailer accompanied by Danny King but where's Cook? That's a lack of respect to Wright and King and to the meeting sponsors not to mention the fans. 

If he gets himself into next year's GP series and knocks out a run of decent scores I'll be the first to congratulate him.

• Like 2

Cook has always come across as a bit of a t0sser who throws his dummy out the pram.

Quite simply, he's been wound up by Eastbourne & reacted how he usually does. Fell for it hook line and sinker and lost his head. Didn't he assault an official at the fours a couple of years ago?

By being a brat & riding off in the middle of the parade when members of the public, mechanics and officials etc are on the track is the actions of a prat.

He's then thrown in the head/shoulder to a volunteer and cracked someone with a right hand when they've told him to behave himself.

What happened after is irrelevant really and handbags. Nothing to get excited over. Not sure why Vissing and Kennett need to be sanctioned but suppose they didn't want to be seen to be picking on Cook even though he caused it all with his behaviour. You'd expect anyone associated with Eastbourne to be a bit peeved if an away rider cries about a perfectly rideable track, strikes a volunteer and tries to chin a Dugard.

Cook needs to be sanctioned for a long period so he starts showing some respect towards officials, fans and other riders.

Edited by Chris
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Chris said:

Cook has always come across as a bit of a t0sser who throws his dummy out the pram.

Quite simply, he's been wound up by Eastbourne & reacted how he usually does. Fell for it hook line and sinker and lost his head. Didn't he assault an official at the fours a couple of years ago?

By being a brat & riding off in the middle of the parade when members of the public, mechanics and officials etc are on the track is the actions of a prat.

He's then thrown in the head/shoulder to a volunteer and cracked someone with a right hand when they've told him to behave himself.

What happened after is irrelevant really and handbags. Nothing to get excited over. Not sure why Vissing and Kennett need to be sanctioned but suppose they didn't want to be seen to be picking on Cook even though he caused it all with his behaviour. You'd expect anyone associated with Eastbourne to be a bit peeved if an away rider cries about a perfectly rideable track, strikes a volunteer and tries to chin a Dugard.

Cook needs to be sanctioned for a long period so he starts showing some respect towards officials, fans and other riders.

I think the words to cook were a little bit stronger than behave yourself, hence the reaction.  

14 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Whoever decided on King and Harris wants shooting. 

Harris is a Living National Treasure of UK speedway ( he has declared himself so, so it must be true ) And he has won before in thrilling, from the back style at Cardiff ( albeit when he was a Young Gun All Out Racer ). Is that why he was chosen? And who did choose hi,?

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Harris is a Living National Treasure of UK speedway ( he has declared himself so, so it must be true ) And he has won before in thrilling, from the back style at Cardiff ( albeit when he was a Young Gun All Out Racer ). Is that why he was chosen? And who did choose hi,?

Not defending the decision, however we had 1st Wright,  2nd Danny,  3rd, I'll decline, cook  and 4th bomber so perhaps that's why??

I wonder why he declined? Maybe standing through the whole presentation was an issue?? :unsure:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I wonder why he declined? Maybe standing through the whole presentation was an issue?? :unsure:

His tweet said he declined because he wanted to be there on merit, and that he would be trying to at the gp challenge :wink:

• Like 1

perhaps craig would have preferred  up and coming young riders as reserves for the experienced . like most people on this thread would have preferred 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He gave his reason, can you not read? It's only track reserve anyway ......

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Who says he declined? Has that been confirmed?

39 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He wanted to give the younger riders a chance...something ignored by King and Harris

Think Cook should be applauded 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Who says he declined? Has that been confirmed?

He tweeted it yesterday