British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Cook, Vissing and Kennett banned.

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Should have been meetings then and not days could rain for 12 days thats not craigs fault is it

Yes i agree should have been meetings or a fine.It isn't Craig's fault its the powers that be again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ray c said:

Anyway there is a silver lining to all this kings lynn are at poole in September you will be able to tell craig what you think of him to his face :D

I'll have to brush up on my judo skills, for self defence. Obviously :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

As expected a made up or false headline:unsure:

Could have been worse 'the Cookie monster ate my hamster' 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

As expected a made up or false headline:unsure:

Only just seen this link - intimidating atmosphere ? Blimey i thought these tough northerners could handle a few pensioners and kids booing at them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just out of interest ,does anyone know the rules regarding track time for riders before a meeting? Seems like Alfie Bowtell had 2 sessions with Martin Dugard prior to the meeting starting.How can they prepare the track when theres some rider on the track going through his bike set up  with the person who should be getting the track ready to race.Im not having a pop at Alfie but would the facility be there for all riders if they get to the track really early?!!!

18 minutes ago, speedwaysliders said:

Just out of interest ,does anyone know the rules regarding track time for riders before a meeting? Seems like Alfie Bowtell had 2 sessions with Martin Dugard prior to the meeting starting.How can they prepare the track when theres some rider on the track going through his bike set up  with the person who should be getting the track ready to race.Im not having a pop at Alfie but would the facility be there for all riders if they get to the track really early?!!!

I would imagine that as long as they aren't giving track time willy nilly to anyone AFTER  the referee has signed in, then there is no problem. 

The track can't be sterile for x amount of hours before the meeting i'm sure otherwise the scb etc would have to be paying for the privilege for that.  

I guess to answer your question, yeh anyone could turn up beforehand -  but as it's in the hands of the owners before the ref takes over, they wouldn't have to let them in.

3 hours ago, speedwaysliders said:

Didn't the boy Edwards also have time on the track? Presumably doing lots of laps would create some wear and tear on the surface including ruts. If the ruts were covered in loose material the surface would look smooth but if you hit one the bike could take of. Perhaps that's why the Glasgow riders were kicking the track and that's why it looked like they were creating holes when they were actually uncovering them.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

SCB have lifted Cook’s ban pending a full hearing

Thats good

• Like 1

On the Eastbourne website you can find a report on the league match at home v Glasgow back in May. Accidents galore, especially by the sounds of it during the first 5 or 6 heats, plus the serious injuries suffered by Brennan in heat 12, by which time the overall incidents rate looked to have dropped. Subsequent comments by Eastbourne management were putting the fault for the successive run of defeats at that time squarely down to riders' poor on track decision-making.

But I bet that match and the number of incidents, especially early on, had lingered in the minds of Cook and perhaps also other riders and they arrived at Arlington with minds already on high alert.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Thats good

If that's correct, surely the other riders bans have to be lifted too?