British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Cook, Vissing and Kennett banned.

5 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Only if they have appealed.

Vissing has appealed aswell but it was turned down, Kennett has not appealed

Chapman would have nothing to do with cook being able to ride, course not. Not like it’s rider is it :D

• Like 1

An absolutely crazy situation to allow one rider to have his ban lifted but not the other.

An absolute farce of a decision. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What new evidence got presented to mean Cook's appeal was valid and not Vissing's?

I guess it was down to who was representing the riders' cases, and how well their case was put. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Is it

craig has got the right to appeal in which he has 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

An absolutely crazy situation to allow one rider to have his ban lifted but not the other.

An absolute farce of a decision. 

Wonder if Cook's appeal will be removed 2mr .... sorry everyone I'll accept it now I've ridden for the BSPA chairman's club... :blink:

• Like 1

Just now, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Wonder if Cook's appeal will be removed 2mr .... sorry everyone I'll accept it now I've ridden for the BSPA chairman's club... :blink:

I wonder if the SCB have lifted this or the BSPA? If so then sounds like involvement from the chairman.

4 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I wonder if the SCB have lifted this or the BSPA? If so then sounds like involvement from the chairman.

BSPA can't make changes to SCB matters. 

• Like 4

Pure speculation here, but possibly Cook had access to corporate lawyers via the Glasgow club to put his case forward, but they didn't, for some reason, put quite such a persuasive case on behalf of Vissing?

And maybe Eastbourne/Ipswich have already made satisfactory alternative arrangements for Kennett?

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Could an appeal lead to higher penalty for the offender?  that's even when one of your bosses is possibly speedway's richest club & your other clubs boss is the BSPA chairman - answers please on a postcard!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Could an appeal lead to higher penalty for the offender?  that's even when one of your bosses is possibly speedway's richest club & your other clubs boss is the BSPA chairman - answers please on a postcard!!!!!!!!!!

SCB have increased bans when appealed before, but this is 10+ years ago, so can't remember who the rider was. 

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Thats good

Nothing good about it. We all saw what Cook did. If he loses the appeal the ban should increase and he will certainly be hit with costs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If Cook's ban is upheld is there not a risk he could end up missing crucial play- off matches instead of the  'relatively' unimportant ones over the 12 days since the original ban.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nothing good about it. We all saw what Cook did. If he loses the appeal the ban should increase and he will certainly be hit with costs.

We all saw what all parties did. Eastbourne have got away with no penalty for there disgraceful part of the fracas.

• Like 3