British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Cook, Vissing and Kennett banned.

Great to know that any rider can be a complete Bell end now, start a fight and get away with it now that a precedent has been set. 

Or does it depend who you get on your knees for ? 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Can’t see where any of the accused have got away with anything yet. Everybody should have a right of appeal whatever they have done. 

• Like 4

Going by the rules broken as stated & the reasoning behind the bans, Cook got away with it at the 4's so I think the bans are too close. Possibly 6 or 8 for Vissing & Kennett.

Maybe Cooke was encouraged to appeal so the bans on him and Vissing would be staggered, thus lessening the effect.

13 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Cook to be banned for 6 months after appeal. Running from 1st November for ALL competitions. :rolleyes:

No he would miss the start of next season which would mean he has got a longert ban than he already has 

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe just maybe, Cook is being allowed to appeal because he thinks he was provoked and can provide evidence. Not saying he was or wasn't,  that's what the appeal is for. If that's the case Kennett has no grounds for appeal as he just sprinted quite a way to get involved in a fracas. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Maybe just maybe, Cook is being allowed to appeal because he thinks he was provoked and can provide evidence. Not saying he was or wasn't,  that's what the appeal is for. If that's the case Kennett has no grounds for appeal as he just sprinted quite a way to get involved in a fracas. 

Started by...

If Cook can appeal then the others should be allowed to as well. 

33 minutes ago, ray c said:

No he would miss the start of next season which would mean he has got a longert ban than he already has 

Why do you not believe he should be punished for starting a brawl? 

Sorry I know you are blinkered but can you read what is written!

Why should Kennett be allowed to appeal. Where is the provocation in his case?

As far as I know appeals (at least in law) are allowed if the appellant can provide additional or new evidence on the case. I assume as Vissing was turned down and Kennett didn't bother, neither can provide such evidence. 

EDITED TO ADD

I make no comment on whether Cook is guilty as charged or not, I wasn't there and don't have access to any evidence that the SCB has considered.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 2

So Cook appeals against what the SCB Officers themselves witnessed?!  Lets hope the appeal hearing is held at the appropriate time and the punishment at least staying a minimum of what it was.  Maybe even the SGP Challenge may be affected? One can live in hope. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So Cook appeals against what the SCB Officers themselves witnessed?!  Lets hope the appeal hearing is held at the appropriate time and the punishment at least staying a minimum of what it was.  Maybe even the SGP Challenge may be affected? One can live in hope. 

How old are you? As you come across as a petulant child incapable of mature debate. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Started by...

If Cook can appeal then the others should be allowed to as well. 

vising appealed but was turned down kennett gone away on holiday so no point