British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Cook, Vissing and Kennett banned.

54 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No idea why Darcy is even mentioned in the same breath as Cook.

Cos they are trying to defend Cook and that is the only thing they can come up with. Darcy did all his punishments, time for Cook to do the same! 

6 minutes ago, Pinny said:

He is one hundred percent correct though.

the way Ward behaves himself on social media just makes himself look even more of a knobhead than he looked before his crash. Some of the comments regarding other riders are disgraceful. 

The guy is a complete w@nker. 

What riders? I know he has a massive problem with Nicki P but haven't seen anything with anyone else. Well only Cook whining at him as it happens but that was last season. 

49 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

You seem to forget that Darcy was rightly punished and came back a better individual for it.  All that some are saying is that Craig Cook should also be rightly punished rather than try to claim some 'unfairness' because the SCB's Neil Vatcher is a friend of Jon Cook, amongst others??

Is that the new evidence? Clutching at scores with that one!

Just now, lisa-colette said:

What riders? I know he has a massive problem with Nicki P but haven't seen anything with anyone else. Well only Cook whining at him as it happens but that was last season. 

Had a dig at Smolinski somewhere I seem to remember and there will be more , just going off instagram comments that always appear in my news feed . 

Obviously as he was a Poole rider youll think hes great and the best thing since sliced bread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

What rider doesn't have a problem with Nicki P!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Had a dig at Smolinski somewhere I seem to remember and there will be more , just going off instagram comments that always appear in my news feed . 

Obviously as he was a Poole rider youll think hes great and the best thing since sliced bread.

I think he was a great rider, some of the off track stuff was indefensible. No one's perfect :)

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What rider doesn't have a problem with Nicki P!

But Nicki doesn't have to do a lot for Darcy to mention him. I understand why he does have a problem with him but I would have thought it would have died down by now. But feelings still as strong as ever! 

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

He was a Kings Lynn and Swindon rider too!! As a Poole rider he was the best thing since sliced bread on the track. Nowadays I can't really blame him for resorting to social media from his wheelchair!!!!!

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

He was a Kings Lynn and Swindon rider too!! As a Poole rider he was the best thing since sliced bread on the track. Nowadays I can't really blame him for resorting to social media from his wheelchair!!!!!

Unfortunately he is as unpleasant not in a wheelchair to what he is in a wheelchair on social media. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

But Nicki doesn't have to do a lot for Darcy to mention him. I understand why he does have a problem with him but I would have thought it would have died down by now. But feelings still as strong as ever! 

Shame he does, because if I remember correctly nicki was front and centre raising money for him after his accident. Short memory Mr ward has.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Badge said:

Shame he does, because if I remember correctly nicki was front and centre raising money for him after his accident. Short memory Mr ward has.

Didn't he slate British speedway as well but was forced to grovel and back track when he was reminded how much was done for him over here compared to being robbed by the Poles and Swedes?

• Like 3

Have the Cook Vissing and Kennett bans  finished now ?? 

Cook has appealed Kennett gone on holiday Vissing ?? 

Meanwhile the Eastbourne “promotion” are planning how to wind up and intimidate their next visitors to their little track at Arlington. One thing I have to say their promoters are certainly hands on down in Sussex 

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Meanwhile the Eastbourne “promotion” are planning how to wind up and intimidate their next visitors to their little track at Arlington. One thing I have to say their promoters are certainly hands on down in Sussex 

As you say Cook has appealed, so his ban is suspended until the appeal is heard. He could get more if unsuccessful, or less if he is.

Vissing's appeal was declined. So banned

Kennett didn't appeal. So banned

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Based on the evidence received and with the support of 2 SCB Officers, the following penalties have been applied -

Craig Cook - SCB Registration suspended for a period of 12 days 12th August - 23rd August 2019

Claus Vissing - SCB Registration suspended for a period of 10 days 12th August - 21st August 2019

Edward Kennett - SCB Registration suspended for a period of 10 days 12th August - 21st August 2019

APPEALS have been received against suspensions by both Craig Cook and Claus Vissing.

These appeals have been considered by the SCB members and it can now be confirmed that Claus Vissing's is rejected.

However, following new information submitted by Craig Cook, his appeal has been accepted and a date for a full SCB hearing will be set.

Craig Cook is therefore free to continue racing until the hearing but Claus Vissing's suspension remains in place until up to and including Wednesday August 21.

No appeal has been received from the other suspended rider, Edward Kennett.

Both from www.scbgb.co.uk

Just out of interest,who was the last person to be banned for fisticuffs?