British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Cook, Vissing and Kennett banned.

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Just out of interest,who was the last person to be banned for fisticuffs?

Craig Boyce??On Gollob? But that would have been FIM rather than SCB. Boyce definitely hit Nicki P too as there was a collection at Poole to pay his fine! But not sure if he got a ban?

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Craig Boyce??On Gollob? But that would have been FIM rather than SCB. Boyce definitely hit Nicki P too as there was a collection at Poole to pay his fine! But not sure if he got a ban?

I must admit i can't think of anyone off the top of my head,and i've seen quite a few in my time.That's why i thought i would put the question out there.That Boyce one was a corker and funny enough many people at the time thought Gollob deserved it.

Just now, tellboy said:

I must admit i can't think of anyone off the top of my head,and i've seen quite a few in my time.That's why i thought i would put the question out there.That Boyce one was a corker and funny enough many people at the time thought Gollob deserved it.

I've got memories or Stonehewer having a dustup with someone at Smallmead and also Anders Hendricksson being involved in something similar around that time.

Not sure if any bans happened tho - @racers and royals may recall better.

45 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Tomasz was a bit of a menace in that first gp year, knocking riders off left right and centre. I think Boycey hit him for five or six riders!

It certainly livened up a wet night in East London and the riders had a whip round to pay Craig's fine.

16 hours ago, tellboy said:

Just out of interest,who was the last person to be banned for fisticuffs?

Could be Martin Dugard, who marched up to Stefan Andersson in the pits during a Sky match and flattened him.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/6635570.ex-cheetah-dugard-in-trouble-after-tv-punch/

Edited by Grachan

2014 Greaves v Sarjeant - both got 12 month bans ( suspended)

19 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Not really a ban,unless they mis-behaved again in the next 12 months.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Did he get a ban?Didn't say in that write up.

The ref banned him from the rest of the meeting and fined him I read. Because of this, that's all get got, as he couldn't be punished for the same offence twice.

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

The ref banned him from the rest of the meeting and fined him I read. Because of this, that's all get got, as he couldn't be punished for the same offence twice.

Yeh that's right - y'know i'm wondering if its along those lines that could be the focus of the appeal for Cook. 

I don't know if the rulebook goes into specifics on this or referee guidance covers this, but i can't help but wonder that if serious misconduct is noted by the ref then maybe he has to take some action these days rather than it all just be noted and dealt with further down the line.  Only a guess, but Cook must have something on a technicality level up his sleeve if he's going to put himself thru the aggro of an appeal.

Only a thought tho as i say..

I do feel as both the other perpetrators have served their punishment  Cookie will have to take some sort of sentence. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, arnieg said:

and Danny Phillips for his part in the same incident.

• Like 1

From the lack of previous bans for worse misdemeanours than that of Craig Cook, seems that the BSPA reaction has been wholly disproportionatewhipped up it seems because the CAPTAIN of the Glasgow Tigers team dared to criticise the Arlington track preparation directly to the referee. 

This is turn  led to a well documented hate campaign towards the Glasgow Team Captain over the  P.A. during the meeting  "presentations"  leading to the rider departing the presentations early ... the rest is captured on video and has been variously interpreted.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

From the lack of previous bans for worse misdemeanours than that of Craig Cook, seems that the BSPA reaction has been wholly disproportionatewhipped up it seems because the CAPTAIN of the Glasgow Tigers team dared to criticise the Arlington track preparation directly to the referee. 

This is turn  led to a well documented hate campaign towards the Glasgow Team Captain over the  P.A. during the meeting  "presentations"  leading to the rider departing the presentations early ... the rest is captured on video and has been variously interpreted.

Just tell us, where does the BSPA have any place in this dream world you have in Kent?

As far as the rest of the world is concerned, they just aren't involved in any part of this ..........

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

A "hate campaign" might be a bit strong, but it seems that there was some kind of wind up going on over the PA. And if you wanted a reaction, Cookie is your man unfortunately.

Having said that, he did act in an inappropriate manor. As did a few Dugards I read. Not a thing done about that though.