British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Cook, Vissing and Kennett banned.

Just been reading the regulations and the SCB have to give at least 4 weeks notice of the hearing date so it seems the hearing won't be until at least 16th September

14 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

From the lack of previous bans for worse misdemeanours than that of Craig Cook, seems that the BSPA reaction has been wholly disproportionatewhipped up it seems because the CAPTAIN of the Glasgow Tigers team dared to criticise the Arlington track preparation directly to the referee. 

This is turn  led to a well documented hate campaign towards the Glasgow Team Captain over the  P.A. during the meeting  "presentations"  leading to the rider departing the presentations early ... the rest is captured on video and has been variously interpreted.

I'm sure that many fans and many officials of many Clubs would tell you that Craig Cook can be a very naughty boy when the mood takes him. Bit of a split personality and obviously 3rd August was a very dark day.

Your obvious hatred of the Dugard family (for whatever reason  justified or not) clearly clouds any serious judgement that you may have.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Just been reading the regulations and the SCB have to give at least 4 weeks notice of the hearing date so it seems the hearing won't be until at least 16th September

So if the existing penalty is upheld or increased and KL have no meetings then the penalty should apply next season.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

So if the existing penalty is upheld or increased and KL have no meetings then the penalty should apply next season.  

Or could the points scored by the rider in the period when the ban could have taken place be annulled ? 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Indeed it should

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, woofers said:

Or could the points scored by the rider in the period when the ban could have taken place be annulled ? 

No, he has been cleared to ride pending an appeal

On 8/17/2019 at 8:03 PM, The Doctor... said:

I've got memories or Stonehewer having a dustup with someone at Smallmead and also Anders Hendricksson being involved in something similar around that time.

Not sure if any bans happened tho - @racers and royals may recall better.

Pretty sure it was Anders Henriksson that Stoney punched... before grappling a raker to the ground in a headlock. No ban as far as I remember.

3 minutes ago, skydog said:

Pretty sure it was Anders Henriksson that Stoney punched... before grappling a raker to the ground in a headlock. No ban as far as I remember.

Stoney got a 4 match ban and a £1000 fine- both suspended

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

A "hate campaign" might be a bit strong, but it seems that there was some kind of wind up going on over the PA. And if you wanted a reaction, Cookie is your man unfortunately.

Having said that, he did act in an inappropriate manor. As did a few Dugards I read. Not a thing done about that though.

Is Arlington an inappropriate manor?

Edited by foreverblue
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Is Arlington an inappropriate manor?

Ok I get it, manner :P

H Gould, no hatred of the  “ Dugard Family “ per se. 

They are part of the speedway promotion along with others, and they do show a lack of professionalism at Arlington. Whoever saw ANY speedway promoter getting involved “hands (or heads) on “with riders in sight of the paying public? 

Disgraceful behaviour. 

Once again they have got off scot free seemingly placing the blame 100% on Craig Cook. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, skydog said:

ohhh yeh..  that was it. Thanks.

46 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

H Gould, no hatred of the  “ Dugard Family “ per se. 

They are part of the speedway promotion along with others, and they do show a lack of professionalism at Arlington. Whoever saw ANY speedway promoter getting involved “hands (or heads) on “with riders in sight of the paying public? 

Disgraceful behaviour. 

Once again they have got off scot free seemingly placing the blame 100% on Craig Cook. 

you must have had your eyes shut or the blinkers on for most of the last 50 years??

Nip to Kent as an example and ask Len about some of his famous or should it be infamous dust up's at Hackney, physical and verbal. There are about another dozen of the old Promoters I could mention who could handle themselves in a fight or spat and regularly did.

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Stoney got a 4 match ban and a £1000 fine- both suspended

now thats what you call a ban , sort of .   pathetic actions at the time  from the governing body of the sport .