British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Cook, Vissing and Kennett banned.

20 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

This is turn  led to a well documented hate campaign towards the Glasgow Team Captain over the  P.A. during the meeting  "presentations"  leading to the rider departing the presentations early ... the rest is captured on video and has been variously interpreted.

At the risk of being chastised by another forum member for my previous reply to you, where on earth have you got this notion about a hate campaign.

The PA guy said nothing.  They had two interviews.  One with Jon Cook who said about riders with the surname as him not being happy to ride the track.  Martin Dugard was interviewed aswell and said that two juniors had been practising during the day and if they were fine, then supposed gp class riders should be able to. 

How the hell is that a hate campaign ?

The PA guy was totally fine, his guests were a tad immature, but that certainly wasn't a hate campaign.  

• Like 2

So has anyone come up with a real ban yet for a rider who has had a dust up:unsure:

Doc - a good summary of what actually happened.

It looks like Old Bob has the real ‘hate campaign’ - in particular towards Jon Cook, and by association Eastbourne. I think he was vindictive toward Lakeside when JC was there, so I think most of us can see where his issue lies.

As I’ve said before, both Dugard and Cook were probably unwise and unprofessional in making their remarks and were making points directly aimed at Craig Cook. A better response would have been just to acknowledge the concerns and then let the riders prove the point on the track - which they did.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

So if the existing penalty is upheld or increased and KL have no meetings then the penalty should apply next season.  

No not really he may miss Glasgow meetings.Just because Lynn may not have any meetings you can't ban him twice for the same incident.

Was there any repercussions when Scott Nichols and Emil sayfutinov got into a dust up at Cardiff about 10 years ago.

woofers said:

"As I’ve said before, both Dugard and Cook were probably unwise and unprofessional in making their remarks and were making points directly aimed at Craig Cook. A better response would have been just to acknowledge the concerns and then let the riders prove the point on the track - which they did. "

I think we fully agree on this. Sadly typical of the childish 2019 Arlington promotion style. 

Dont recall seing Ronnie Greene , Fred Mockford , Charles Ochiltree , Charlie Knott  involvedi na brawl on the centre green with any riders.....  seems the Eastbourne promoters are all too keen to resort to physical assault on riders.......

1 minute ago, old bob at herne bay said:

woofers said:

"As I’ve said before, both Dugard and Cook were probably unwise and unprofessional in making their remarks and were making points directly aimed at Craig Cook. A better response would have been just to acknowledge the concerns and then let the riders prove the point on the track - which they did. "

I think we fully agree on this. Sadly typical of the childish 2019 Arlington promotion style. 

Dont recall seing Ronnie Greene , Fred Mockford , Charles Ochiltree , Charlie Knott  involvedi na brawl on the centre green with any riders.....  seems the Eastbourne promoters are all too keen to resort to physical assault on riders.......

None of which would have occurred if cook  (Craig) hadn't put his parts on about the track etc.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

..  seems the Eastbourne promoters are all too keen to resort to physical assault on riders.......

I think we can agree that Jon Cook should be more professional and grown up.

Martin Dugard, I believe, has no connection with the promotion, he is not an officer of Eastbourne Speedway either - he is the owner / director of  Arlington Stadium Ltd, as is Jon Cook. I don’t know if it’s the promoter or stadium owner who would be ultimately responsible for track preparation - I guess it would be the promoter as many stadiums or rented / leased.

1 hour ago, Badge said:

None of which would have occurred if cook  (Craig) hadn't put his parts on about the track etc.

Love that saying :D is it exclusive to us East Anglians? 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

woofers said:

Are you saying Jon Cook assaulted a rider then ? As someone else has already said, Martin Dugard isn't part of the promotion and he didn't trade punches with anyone from what i remember although he certainly was in the thick of it. Probably best to clear that one up maybe..

Edited by The Doctor...

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

So has anyone come up with a real ban yet for a rider who has had a dust up:unsure:

Well, a few years ago Richard Hall got a month's ban for assaulting Josh Auty after he reckoned he'd been naughty at Scunthorpe.

And a couple of seasons later Rohan Tungate got a month's ban for assaulting, er, Josh Auty after he reckoned he'd been naughty at Scunthorpe.

barrie wallace ? made a comment about bringing coles (coals) to newcastle many years ago . dont know who he was trying to wind up , cos worky were the visitors and  exeter were the visitors the following week .. announcers play their part in the nights entertainment at all tracks .. part of the sport , innit ?

The Doctor .....should you be called Vale ? 

Tbh I have no idea who the promotion is at Eastbourne in 2019. YOU say it isn’t Martin  Dugard. Others have told me that Mr J Cook isn’t a promoter anymore... but a director of something or other. Ian Jordan is another name that maybe a promoter. Paul Dugard seems to be involved.. maybe just a grease monkey in the pits? 

You missed the Martin Dugard “lunge “ at Claus Vissing on the Centre green filmed by a Glasgow supporter? Vissing banned for 10 days for that ......oh yes he deliberately broke the tapes ... oh yes he rode off and spoiled the parade !

So Doctor pray tell me who YOU think are the promoter(s) ? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Love that saying :D is it exclusive to us East Anglians? 

Sounds dodgy to me! 

As the first person to act violently it's ironic that Cook has not served a ban but the other two have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1