Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Cook, Vissing and Kennett banned.

36 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

As the first person to act violently it's ironic that Cook has not served a ban but the other two have. 

So what punishment did the muppet with the red flag get?  After all, it was him that sparked the violence! :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

The Doctor .....should you be called Vale ? 

Tbh I have no idea who the promotion is at Eastbourne in 2019. YOU say it isn’t Martin  Dugard. Others have told me that Mr J Cook isn’t a promoter anymore... but a director of something or other. Ian Jordan is another name that maybe a promoter. Paul Dugard seems to be involved.. maybe just a grease monkey in the pits? 

You missed the Martin Dugard “lunge “ at Claus Vissing on the Centre green filmed by a Glasgow supporter? Vissing banned for 10 days for that ......oh yes he deliberately broke the tapes ... oh yes he rode off and spoiled the parade !

So Doctor pray tell me who YOU think are the promoter(s) ? 

Bob, when you post as "authoritatively" as you like to, you need to make sure you have your facts right. There were no lunges on the Centre green, all the 'action' took place on the track, at bend 2 for the first incident involving Craig Cook and umpteen others, and at bend 1 when Vissing felt he needed to come over and remonstrate in an incident in which he was not even riding, one that involved Newman and Andersen.

As for the Eastbourne personnel, well it wasn't too difficult to find on their website :

Club Details:
Management: Eastbourne Eagles Ltd (Companies House Registration No: 11727388)

Company Director: Ian Jordan: Business / Commercial Director 

Promoters (authorised by BSPA)

Mike Bellerby
Trevor Geer
Team Managers: Will Pottinger & Trevor Geer
Head of Speedway Operations: Jon Cook
Club Captain: Edward Kennett
Announcer: Kevin Coombes
Official Track Photographers: Mick Hinves & Tiffani Graveling
Track Record:  54.8 seconds 18/4/2008 Jason Crump  23/8/2008 Chris Holder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

So what punishment did the muppet with the red flag get?  After all, it was him that sparked the violence! :rolleyes:

Give it a rest mate, we've been over this. The guy with the red flag walked away from the incident, at no stage did he use aggressive behaviour. If Cook and the others had waited for the presentation to end, I suspect none of this would have happened.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

He got commended for doing his job and not reacting to being assaulted

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, woofers said:

Give it a rest mate, we've been over this. The guy with the red flag walked away from the incident, at no stage did he use aggressive behaviour. If Cook and the others had waited for the presentation to end, I suspect none of this would have happened.

I agree with you that if Cook and the others had waited for the presentation to end then none of what followed would have happened.  However, I asked a genuine question about some fool with a red flag who walked in front of a moving bike without brakes - what punishment did he receive for being the instigator of what followed?

• Thanks 1

We don’t know. Any recriminations aren’t likely to be made public.

Perhaps being stood down from duties for x meetings. We’ll see if he’s there on Saturday.

Or perhaps, no punishment but some additional training and advice.

1 hour ago, woofers said:

Exactly!

this thread will never surpass the eastbourne V glasgow thread in the championship section .. but then again its only 27 pages behind...  lol . same questions being asked over n over again ...

1 hour ago, woofers said:

We don’t know. Any recriminations aren’t likely to be made public.

Perhaps being stood down from duties for x meetings. We’ll see if he’s there on Saturday.

Or perhaps, no punishment but some additional training and advice.

He was still there later on in the meeting, he appeared in the video of the second incident.

Oh look a flagman on the track during parade :P

20190822_193718-1-1.jpg

• Like 1

see you are no taylor lanning !  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Oh look a flagman on the track during parade :P

20190822_193718-1-1.jpg

Did he deliberately step in front of a moving bike?  I don’t think so!! :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Did he deliberately step in front of a moving bike?  I don’t think so!! :rolleyes:

He does if they look like  attempting a start from an inappropriate point on the track....

55 minutes ago, jenga said:

see you are no taylor lanning !  

#allmyownwork ;)

• Like 1

The Doctor.... thank you ... so it’s Bellerby and Jordan . So all the “hangers on” getting involved as usual in these incidents instead of minding their business. 

Sorry to disappoint , but I did see a video posted on here showing Mr M Dugard deliberately knocking Claus Vissing backwards on the Centre green at the first/second bend area. It was a physical assault. The promoters clearly need to ensure better discipline from their staff. 

• Like 1