British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Cook, Vissing and Kennett banned.

23 minutes ago, HGould said:

Seems a lot more factual and accurate than the statement put out by Craig Cook in the Speedway Star which if you read the statement from Eastie properly it seeks it seems to me to make a non confrontational rebuttal to, and makes point they waited for the Hearing and have accepted by the finding of.. 

It should be completely factual and BV it's not so has to be dismissed as rubbish!?

Just now, Crumpet77 said:

No brum, the man that started the fracas is the man that received the 12 day ban. 

Wrong

Cook should never have rode off during the presentation.....100% he was wrong

If the marshall hadnt have stepped on to the middle of the track and walked into Cook then Cook wouldnt have kicked off........Cook was 100% wrong again to kick of the way he did

But was Cook at fault for the fracas? No the marshall was...............granted if Cook hadnt have rode off the marshall wouldnt have been there........but if the marshall stayed in the right position its more than likely Cook would have simply stopped and nothing more would have happened apart from Cook getting a word in his ear which may well have come from his own management.

How far back do you want to take things to assess who was to blame?

If you believe Cook was at fault for the fracas........then go back to the reason Cook left the parade........the deliberate act of stirring things up on the microphone from the Eastbourne presenter and the Eastbourne management team

So those who think Cook was at fault need to then equally apportion blame on the people who dished out the stick on the mic.

The reason a scuffle broke out was because of an over zealous marshall getting in the way.......without him no scuffle.................without the Eastbourne promotion deliberately winding up someone who they no is a bit volatile , then Cook wouldnt have left the parade....the marshall wouldnt have needed to be on the track....the scuffle would never have happened

As i said if you think Cook caused the fighting ....then go back to why Cook was on the track in the first place

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If he was 'slowing down' then he must have been going faster beforehand at a time when he shouldn't have even been riding the track!

With the presentation always held on the back straight, Cook rode off into the 3rd/4th bends and then the home straight before entering bends 1 and 2 (where most of the fan video was taken). Red lights were on and marshalls were holding their red flags on the 3rd/4th bends and the home straight at the side of the track before he went into bends 1/2.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of what happened in the 'fracas', (not forgetting it was all witnessed first hand by the SCB's Neil Vatcher as well as the ref!), none of it would have happened if all the Glasgow riders had stayed at the presentation line until it had been fully completed!  End of.

And the Glasgow riders wouldnt have ridden off if they hadnt been goaded by the presenter and the Eastbourne promotion.......end of

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

Wrong

Cook should never have rode off during the presentation.....100% he was wrong

If the marshall hadnt have stepped on to the middle of the track and walked into Cook then Cook wouldnt have kicked off........Cook was 100% wrong again to kick of the way he did

But was Cook at fault for the fracas? No the marshall was...............granted if Cook hadnt have rode off the marshall wouldnt have been there........but if the marshall stayed in the right position its more than likely Cook would have simply stopped and nothing more would have happened apart from Cook getting a word in his ear which may well have come from his own management.

How far back do you want to take things to assess who was to blame?

If you believe Cook was at fault for the fracas........then go back to the reason Cook left the parade........the deliberate act of stirring things up on the microphone from the Eastbourne presenter and the Eastbourne management team

So those who think Cook was at fault need to then equally apportion blame on the people who dished out the stick on the mic.

The reason a scuffle broke out was because of an over zealous marshall getting in the way.......without him no scuffle.................without the Eastbourne promotion deliberately winding up someone who they no is a bit volatile , then Cook wouldnt have left the parade....the marshall wouldnt have needed to be on the track....the scuffle would never have happened

As i said if you think Cook caused the fighting ....then go back to why Cook was on the track in the first place

that logic has much merit but you have to go back to the minute the ref arrived according to Eastbourne's version of events anyway. 

otherwise why would they be riled at Cook in the first place?

or do you go back to may when they rode in the League?

or do you accept Cook is a prat and Cook and Dugard are prats

or do you believe English don't hate Jocks??..

how far is how far....???

11 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

Exactly, so he started it.

Cook is known to react to being wound up

The Eastbourne presenter/management did just that in a deliberate manner.

The same way a footballer will wind up an opponent with a short fuse to gain an advantage

Cook sulked and rode off

But as i said he wouldnt have rode off if not antagonised

He wouldnt have thrown any punches if the marshall didnt walk out in front of him

Not condoning Cooks actions, but to say he was responsible for the fight is rather blinkered to what made him be in that position in the first place

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HGould said:

that logic has much merit but you have to go back to the minute the ref arrived according to Eastbourne's version of events anyway. 

Exactly how far back do you go

Cook wasnt 100% responsible for the fight that ensued.....some are just either lacking in intelligence or simply Cook haters to accept what happened

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Cook is known to react to being wound up

The Eastbourne presenter/management did just that in a deliberate manner.

The same way a footballer will wind up an opponent with a short fuse to gain an advantage

Cook sulked and rode off

But as i said he wouldnt have rode off if not antagonised

He wouldnt have thrown any punches if the marshall didnt walk out in front of him

Not condoning Cooks actions, but to say he was responsible for the fight is rather blinkered to what made him be in that position in the first place

Sorry Gavan, that is just your opinion of the events, you have absolutely no idea whether he would have ridden off or not.

Cook is a bit of a precious at the best of times, what he does when the mist descends sometimes results in nothing more than him getting a meeting postponed, to him throwing punches, riding into officials and knocking heaters off walls....I sometimes wonder whether speedway is the right choice for him tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Jocks? I assume you mean Scottish and as previously stated there are no Scottish riders in the Glasgow team! 

its not nice to call the Scottish people j+cks  .  we just talk in a different way . but it is what it is . .(triplets time ) . no .. maybe not as i on a non Glasgow thread according to the heading ..

6 minutes ago, jenga said:

its not nice to call the Scottish people j+cks  .  we just talk in a different way . but it is what it is . .(triplets time ) . no .. maybe not as i on a non Glasgow thread according to the heading ..

I apologise if i have upset anyone from Scotland, I refer to my good Scottish work colleagues "in Glasgow" as "Jocks" not one of them has ever complained, but if offence has been caused I apologise.

I call Man City fans "mancs" no British players in that team let alone mancunians!

• Like 1

Gavan trying to defend the Undefendable. What a suprise. Anyone who thinks the flag Marshall is the cause has a screw loose.

Cook caused it all. He is totally to blame for everything that happened. Banged to rights with over 1000 witnesses. 

The flag Marshall should be praised for stopping Cook before he caused more issues. Cook was a disgrace. Fact!

By the way thought this was hilarious!:D

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HGould said:

I apologise if i have upset anyone from Scotland, I refer to my good Scottish work colleagues "in Glasgow" as "Jocks" not one of them has ever complained, but if offence has been caused I apologise.

I call Man City fans "mancs" no British players in that team let alone mancunians!

i think everyone calls them jocks , even the locks call themselves jocks  . its been going on for thousands of year calling them jocks .  the likes of Jocky Wilson did not mind as did Jocky Stewart  F1 driver . its save people asking where they are from therefore saving an extra question  !  then there is Jock Mcdonald  (Shheefiel ) ) . bound to be loads more .. 

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

And the Glasgow riders wouldnt have ridden off if they hadnt been goaded by the presenter and the Eastbourne promotion.......end of

What did they say then? I can't believe anyone is worse than the one Coventry had!!

2 hours ago, Crumpet77 said:

No brum, the man that started the fracas is the man that received the 12 day ban. 

IF Cook wasn’t challenged he would have gone back to the pits (he was already slowing down to return to the pits in the video) and no fracas would have happened.

Cook is 100% wrong for setting off whilst parade was going on. The marshal is at best 50% in the wrong for the fracas. 

14 minutes ago, jenga said:

the likes of Jocky Wilson did not mind as did Jocky Stewart  F1 driver . its save people asking where they are from therefore saving an extra question  !  then there is Jock Mcdonald  (Shheefiel ) ) . bound to be loads more .. 

Um, it is Sir JACKIE Stewart, not Jocky...

There have been many Scottish footballers and managers called Jock, most notably Jock Stein and Jock Wallace.  Don't forget World Sidecar Champion, the late Jock Taylor.

Steve