British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
longlivefrankie

Three meetings in one day

Inspired by another topic in general discussions. Have you any memories of those meetings?

Mine...

1976 31st May

11am Reading v Hackney (KO Cup)

3pm ? White City v Hull (BL)

745pm Wimbledon: Internationale 

what great days

• Like 1

6 May 1985:

• Cradley v Belle Vue
  • Birmingham v Ellesmere Port
  • Wolves v Oxford

28 August 1995

• Cradley v Wolves
  • Oxford v Reading
  • Reading v Oxford

• Like 1

Only ever managed this once:

25th August 1997

• 11:00 Exeter v Reading (Premier League)
  • 14:30 Newport v Anglian Angels (Amateur League)
  • 19:00 Swindon v Bradford (Elite League)
Edited by daveallan81
  • Like 1

Something I never achieved...plenty of examples of two meetings in one day. My brother managed Ipswich in the morning, Rye House afternoon and Hackney in the evening however.

As the inspiration (maybe) I have managed it at least once, possibly twice, but as I said in my original the one that springs to mind felt like a cheat. Although I did do 3 meetings at 3 different tracks, 2 of those were at the Esbjerg complex where the 80cc track is just a 100 yards or so away from the 500cc track. Then afterwards on to Holsted

I’d imagine it is possible often on a Saturday in Denmark where there are a number of tracks all relatively close to each other

Only two meetings but 46 or 47 heats in a day... U21 Team Cup in Pardu followed by GP quali in Divisov direct after... and only about ten years ago :lol: 

I used to love my Saturday trips up to Vojens, with an 80cc meeting in the morning (the days of Rene Bach,Jepsen Jensen, Michelsen and Mikkel Beck) and then an hour or so later a meeting on the big track with a visit to the Vojens bakers beforehand to get a coffee and some lovely cakes. Lovely summer ride up and back away from the motorway

1985 or 1986 not sure which year but certainly a May bank holiday

11:00 Kings Lynn

15:00 Arena Essex

19:30 Hackney