British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedway fan

HISTORIC CLASH OF THE LADIES AT BIRMINGHAM WEDS 14TH AUG

it's the historic clash of the lady racers this Weds after the Brummies v Scunthorpe clash as for the first time in speedway history two ladies race in a league encounter.

This originally was happening on May 22nd after the Edinburgh clash but the heat 15 crash for Josh Pickering meant we wouldn't have got through the meeting before the curfew.
So DUCTAIR BULLS skipper Rachel Hellowell takes on Weymouth's Francesca Kirtley-Paine in the MSDL meeting .

On 8/11/2019 at 4:10 PM, Speedway fan said:

it's the historic clash of the lady racers this Weds after the Brummies v Scunthorpe clash as for the first time in speedway history two ladies race in a league encounter.

This originally was happening on May 22nd after the Edinburgh clash but the heat 15 crash for Josh Pickering meant we wouldn't have got through the meeting before the curfew.
So DUCTAIR BULLS skipper Rachel Hellowell takes on Weymouth's Francesca Kirtley-Paine in the MSDL meeting .

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Rachel Hellowell and Monty Jowett raced in the same NJL meeting back in 2011?

• Like 1

Both Rachel Hellowell (16 years old) and Montana Jowett (18 years old) rode in Northern Junior League Riders Championship on 18 September 2010 at Shielfield Park at Berwick.

Representing Halifax Dukes, both rode in numerous NJL fixtures together during the course of the 2010 season.

• Like 1

Great to see some ladies racing in competitive meetings again.

I was privileged to see a very talented lady racing a number of years ago. I went to a meeting in Motala..an u21 qualifying meeting.

Riding that day was a Sabrina Bogh of Denmark..... really impressive and showed herself to be a talented racer.

In 2001 she was crowned Danish U21 champion.... ahead of Ulrich Ostergaard who was 3rd.

Definitely the best female racer I have ever seen

Kurt Bogh who rode for Glasgow is either her uncle or her dad.... I can’t remember which now as it was al long time ago.

• Like 1

I remember Simon Cross's sister and others riding years ago, didn't they ride in the development leagues?

Edited by foamfence

On 8/15/2019 at 2:58 PM, dukes said:

Both Rachel Hellowell (16 years old) and Montana Jowett (18 years old) rode in Northern Junior League Riders Championship on 18 September 2010 at Shielfield Park at Berwick.

Representing Halifax Dukes, both rode in numerous NJL fixtures together during the course of the 2010 season.

We have Celina Liebmann riding in the 500cc class here in Germany. She looks and behaves more like a boy, though. She is currently the best of a number of young female speedway riders, the others are riding in the youth 250cc, 125cc, and 50cc classes.

26 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

We have Celina Liebmann riding in the 500cc class here in Germany. She looks and behaves more like a boy, though. She is currently the best of a number of young female speedway riders, the others are riding in the youth 250cc, 125cc, and 50cc classes.

I saw her at Gustrow on Sunday and was very impressed. Very aggressive into the turns with plenty of speed. Scored six points, none of them gifts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bavarian said:

Yes, but this is about the 'clash of the ladies', not just a woman rider. The original clash of the ladies in Germany was back in 1930 when 3 ladies from the UK raced each other in Hamburg B)